Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using purchased modules

Hello! I'm very new to this site, I literally just joined today. I'm running the Tyranny of Dragons campaign as DM, and I already purchased the modules from B&N. One of my players lives in Canada, and cannot always make it to our weekly sessions. If I wanted to run our campaign through this app, would I need to purchase the modules again, or is there a way to "redeem" them of sorts. The WOTC already got my $60 for purchasing it, do I have to give them even more?
Unfortunately you would need to purchase the module again.  This is due to the amount of time it takes the Roll20 team to set it up, saving you the effort.

Edited 1517265374
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Or you can do all the work yourself. Many members do that if they have purchased the module elsewhere. As you are not a subscriber, you would not have access to the additional features that are tied to specific subscriptions.
If I buy the module on Roll20, do all the players need it as well?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only the games creator needs to have purchased the module... they don't even have to be the DM!