Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Unable to click tokens other then my own

For my last couple campaigns I have unable to click player/enemy tokens other then my own. As you can see this is a slightly big problem because I can't use macros. I can click on my own token, but nothing else. Thanks, hopefully someone can help me!
1390622350
Gid
Roll20 Team
Are you the GM or a player of the campaign? Tokens have permission parameters that dictate who can select and control them.
Player, but I cannot click enemy tokens at all.
1390622803

Edited 1390622860
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please provide an example of your macros where you need to click on a token.
1390623377
Gid
Roll20 Team
Check with your GM about the permissions set to the tokens. If "Controlled By" is not set to "All Players" or to you personally, you will not be able to click on them.
This has been a multiple campaign issue, with multiple GM's. They have checked the settings themselves.
1390627177
Gid
Roll20 Team
As Gauss, requested. What sort of macro are you using?
1390627287

Edited 1390627400
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jefferson, I still need a copy of one of your macros. Edit: Ninja'd :)
No specific one, mainly for checks and what not. But when I target an enemy to make a check I can't because I can't click on them.
1390659041

Edited 1390659081
You can't click on any tokens other than those the DM gives you control of. If you're using a macro with the @{target|attribute} property... than yeah, that's a bug... unless the GM just isn't using attributes,.
Consider this thread dead, if the problem persists in my next campaign after checking with the DM of permission setting I will come back to this thread or start a new one.
... seriously? It's not a problem with Roll20. It's a problem with you not telling us what the macro is that you're using and you misunderstanding how Roll20 works.
1390669570
Gid
Roll20 Team
To clarify. At default, when a GM drops a token down on the tabletop, it doesn't have any permissions set to it by default. A GM never has to assign permissions for him or herself since they have total control over every item in the campaign. In a typical campaign, a GM's monster tokens won't be setup with any player permissions, because they don't want the players being able to move their tokens around or seeing their stats. We also wanted to know what macro you were using because there's a difference between @{target|Attribute} and @{selected|Attribute}. With the "selected" macro you need to have a token selected before you can run the macro, so you'd need token permissions to do this. With the "target" macro you don't need token permissions. You're prompted to choose a token after running the macro and you have the ability to choose ANY token on the tabletop, not just the ones you have control with.