Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copyright and building a campaign in a team

Edited 1517667872
Hi! I am creating a campaign and I have someone who wants to help me build it. We will not be sharing an account, he will be in the game as a co-GM with his own account, and will still create a lot of content. I am pro subscriber, he has basic (free) account. This is absolutely safe right? We will not be breaking terms of service in any way, as long as we keep it this way, I think. Just wanted to be sure. It is very important to me to be safe and respect the platform and the law. Thank you
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's perfectly okay. If it's something you could do at your game table, its fine to do it on roll20. Roll20 has measures in place to restrict piracy / copyright infringement, so if you're using roll20 just for its intended purpose (to create a campaign, for a specific group to play in, no matter how many GMs there are), you won't go wrong.
yeah makes sense, but with copyright its always tricky to want to be on the safe side.
the content he uploads will be in his accounts library such as images and maps and will the items you upload will be in yours. the items he owns are linked to his account and so are your items.  the important thing to note is if he or your delete an item it from your art library it will also be removed from this campaign. He will be limited to the Free level max for uploads and you have the Pro level limits.  anything created such as a monster token that is dragged from the monster manual will be shareable between all GM's in the game. so long as the intent is to play this campaign on roll20 you should be fine 
lordmage said: the important thing to note is if he or your delete an item it from your art library it will also be removed from this campaign. He will be limited to the Free level max for uploads and you have the Pro level limits.  I've been bit that already. Live and learn. Horrible feeling to swap to a page to find out most of it is gone...
I think I know what you mean: let's say I put a map in a page, with this map being from the content I have bought; my co-GM then deletes this map image  for whatever reason, he cannot restore it, I have to.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is correct.