Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do modules work?

So I have been running Tomb of Annihilation for a couple months now by scanning in the maps and such from the physical copy I bought, and freehand drawing others. Things have been tedious and I am considering purchasing the module though because the list of features sounds pretty fantastic and might be worth the $50 price tag. So a couple questions. It says the maps are loaded with Dynamic Lighting, I do not have a subscription so do I not get that? Or is the lighting enabled with that module because I purchased it? If I get the module, do I just apply it to a game? Or does it make its own game that I then move my players into? Thanks guys, I assume this was the right forum since these are specific questions about using roll20, but if not let me know and Ill post it in the right spot!
Dynamic lighting is set up, but is only active for subscribers. Modules can only be loaded into a new game. Add-ons can be added to an existing game. ToA is a module, so you would have to start a new game and use the character vault to move PCs over, or recreate them manually.