Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolls Inside Calling Attribute Macros

Eli N.
Pro
Compendium Curator
So I set up a few abilities inside a character sheet 1mind,2mind,3mind,4mind,5mind and I tried to set up a macro that involved @(selected|[[1d5]]mind} and it doesnt seem to work. Is this possible to work at all? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately, this is not possible, the attributes are replaced with their values prior to the rolls being resolved. What are the contents of #mind?
Eli N.
Pro
Compendium Curator
I was essentially trying to create a table. Where each one would produce a different thing. In this case 1 was an effect while 2-5 where no effect. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, you could do that with a rollable table assuming the effect doesn't have other rolls in it.
What you might want is a rollable table with two entries: One will have a weight of 1 and named whatever effect you name it. The other will have a weight of 5 and be named something like "No effect" Unless your Effect was going to need to be performed by another macro. If that's  the case, I've of no help. (beaten by Scott)

Edited 1517878007
Eli N.
Pro
Compendium Curator
Nvm thanks!