Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

active user list

i was wonder why there isn't one i mean it lets you know if someone is online or not and helps people that are doing play by post and even helps with people that are trying to join in games cause now they know when to message people.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Well, there's the Player Directory, that people can opt out of (myself included). I'd imagine an Active User List might be problematic, as people in the midst of a game would receive messages. Also, I'm unsure if the developers would want Roll20 to become more like a social media hangout. Have a vote though, it's an idea that might be worth it.
yeah i get what you mean social media set up on roll20 could be a bad thing but there can be a list of good things that it could bring  people getting message during game which can be good or bad really cause if you think about its good to get up to date with stuff that that gm or players are doing in a game and easier to keep in contact with them and yes like you said message during a game might be a bad thing but that can easily be fix by making a Do not disturb function. one other problem that i can think of might be spam accounts being made for the first time and people getting message form bot about some odd adult site. which i'm sure that there are programs and people that can be put on the staff for that kinda thing to stop them like checking emails and what not to see if the account is legit cause most of the time you can tell when a email is by a spam user. although the spam is a pretty bad thing some of the other good things about having the message social media type of website is that it leaves roll20 to open to making mobile apps just for messaging about games. Also thought that it would be super cool if roll 20 worked with discord to kinda combind the too but i think that could happen anytime soon.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .