Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PNG image resizes in art library

This is a very basic question, so apologies in advance for not being able to find the answer myself in the on-line help. For a Savage Worlds game, I have a lovely PNG image of a Large Burst template that is 3×3 in., 70 ppi on my local drive. When I drag the image onto the map screen it's just the size I want, which is lovely. Large Burst also then shows up in My Library on the Art Library tab, but when I drag from My Library to the screen it is no longer the same size. I've got the grid turned off, so it is not re-sizing to the grid, but instead of being 420 px across it is now 200 px. Same thing if I click to upload the image directly to My Library. There are some obvious work arounds—resize the image after dragging it in from the art library, dragging it in from my local drive every time instead of using the art library, creating a dummy character for the templates and setting the default token size, etc., but is there a way to get it directly from the art library? Does Roll20 resize the uploaded images that are stored in the Art Library?

Edited 1518200040
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe assets in your library are stored at multiple sizes, so that Roll20 can quickly swap between them as you scale the asset on the VTT or zoom in/out. You don't get to pick which one is used, it'll change automatically.
Philip S. said: dragging it in from my local drive every time instead of using the art library, Don't do this! Every time you do, you add another copy to your Art Library, eating up your space.