Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Uploaded Images either don't load or are blurry.

Edited 1518213738
I've got two .jpg files I made in GIMP, both are under the size limit of 5mb, and I've tried using firefox and chrome to upload the images to my library. The progress bar for the upload shoots back and forth about five times and then gets stuck about 2/3rds of the way. I've waited 5 minutes before refreshing, and sometimes the files will be in my library but will be super blurry and low-res when I drag them from my library to the map. Very rarely, when I zoom out and zoom in again, the resolution will sharpen, but not much. I've tried using my browsers in safe mode, with all extensions/addons disabled. I've tried cutting the images into smaller parts and that doesn't work either. This is a problem I've had for the last month or so, and it's making GM prep frustrating. Is there an obvious fix I'm missing here? Or is this an ongoing issue that the devs are working on? EDIT: Progress on troubleshooting this myself: I think it has something to do with the "Set Dimensions" command. When I first drag it on the map, it pops in as a 1x1 or sometimes 1x3 spot on the map, and if I use the Set Dimensions option on the item, the blurr happens. but if I manually drag the edges to fill the map, it's not as blurry. Still no idea why the loading bar never finishes when I upload them, however. EDIT 2: Refreshing the page or moving to another map and then returning makes the map blurry again. The map dimensions are 52 wide by 27 high. One image is 4.48mb, the other is 3.21 mb. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Make sure you are not using the extension .jpeg (with the "e")?  Roll20 doesn't like that.
keithcurtis said: Make sure you are not using the extension .jpeg (with the "e")?  Roll20 doesn't like that. No E in the ,jpg files, but I'll remember that for the future.