Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable Table Shortcut

Is it possible to create a shortcut link or button in a Handout that will trigger a roll on a table? I have dozens of rollable tables created for a game, but to make things more convenient for the players (or quicker for me) I was hoping to create a handout which had shortcuts to certain tables under categorized sections.  I haven't had much luck figuring out how, or finding any examples of it being done. Thanks for your input. 
Yes you can.  Just roll on the table once then push the up arrow in chat window and it will show you the call to the table.  Copy and paste to your macro or button and it will then roll on the table.  Another thing you can do is enclose that in [[    ]]    and it will roll on the table and just come back with the verbage from the table not the actual dice rolls which makes the formatting very readable.
I have several different character sheets that have many different macros, all of which are selected from a within roll template's output. Each macro is a roll on a table. A simple roll template, using a table named Daggers: &{template:default} {{name=Dagger Results}} {{[[1t[Daggers] ]]}} This would be placed in the abilities section, probably named Daggers. Click the button, it rolls on the Daggers table, posting the results into the chat area, in the form of a roll template: Depending on the sheet being used, more templates may be available, as many sheets have them built it for use. Documentation for individual sheets may show what templates are available for each. Though not using rollable tables, here is an example of a menu. My menu for fiddling with tokens. Token Mod script by The Aaron, inspiration by Keith Curtis: As to HOW you do it: /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Token Mods and Lighting}} {{freetext=**Flip Token:** [Vertical](!token-mod --flip flipv), [Horizontal](!token-mod --flip fliph) **Light Source/Brightness:** [None](!token-mod --set light_radius| light_dimradius| aura1_radius| aura2_radius|), [Candle](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|5 light_dimradius|2.5 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|),  [Torch](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|15 light_dimradius|10 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|), [Lantern](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|30 light_dimradius|15 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|), [Campfire](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|35 light_dimradius|17.5 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|), [Bonfire](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|50 light_dimradius|25 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|), [Light Spell](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|30 light_dimradius|30 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|), [Continual Light Spell](!token-mod --set light_otherplayers|yes light_radius|60 light_dimradius|60 aura1_radius| aura2_radius| aura1_color|)  **Light Radiates At:** [30°](!token-mod --set light_angle|30) [90°](!token-mod --set light_angle|90) [120°](!token-mod --set light_angle|120) [180°](!token-mod --set light_angle|180) [360°](!token-mod --set light_angle|359) **Infravision:** [30'](!token-mod --set light_radius|30 light_dimradius|15 aura1_radius|30 aura1_color|) [60'](!token-mod --set light_radius|60 light_dimradius|30 aura1_radius|60 aura1_color|) [90'](!token-mod --set light_radius|90 light_dimradius|45 aura1_radius|90 aura1_color|) [120'](!token-mod --set light_radius|120 light_dimradius|60 aura1_radius|120 aura1_color|) **Token Tinting:** [None](!token-mod --set tint_color|transparent), [Black](!token-mod --set tint_color|000000), [White](!token-mod --set tint_color|ffffff), [Red](!token-mod --set tint_color|980000), [Olive](!token-mod --set tint_color|800000) [Grey 1](!token-mod --set tint_color|434343), [2](!token-mod --set tint_color|c0c0c0), [3](!token-mod --set tint_color|666666), [4](!token-mod --set tint_color|d9d9d9), [Brown 1](!token-mod --set tint_color|654321), [2](!token-mod --set tint_color|A0522D), [3](!token-mod --set tint_color|CD853F), [4](!token-mod --set tint_color|DEB887), [5](!token-mod --set tint_color|D2B48C), [6](!token-mod --set tint_color|97824B) **Mark Token:** [Dead](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead) **Send token to ?** [GM](!token-mod --set layer|gmlayer), [Token](!token-mod --set layer|objects), [Map](!token-mod --set layer|map), [DL](!token-mod --set layer|walls) }}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That token mod menu example is fantastic, thanks!
Really great feedback, thanks! I'll be using these techniques.  I also found some very useful information about linking to a macro directly from a Handout at this page.  Calling a Macro from a Handout.
Hi guys... I've tried the stuff above and inside the actual handout its just the text, not the link to trigger the role.  Thoughts? teak
Is there a button to roll from inside the character sheet and also, which character sheet?
I created a fairly in depth video on how to do just this here -&nbsp;<a href="https://youtu.be/4APlIZQEqjA" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/4APlIZQEqjA</a>

Edited 1520494441
how would a Free User create a Handout that has a list of available Macros as Hyperlinks though? this was not yet answered. I'm a derp, I watched the first 10 min of the video so far. BTW you haven't put the timestamps on the video description yet.