Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[DND 5.E OGL Sheet] "Update Default Settings" does not work for token defaults.

Hello all, I am trying to change the default settings for my game so that any monster I drag off the compendium and onto the tabletop will have its health bar and ac bar automatically populated. I have tried changing the default settings as follows: I then enter the game and press the "Update Default Settings" button, check the boxes relating to the bar settings, and click okay. It "successfully" updates after a brief loading bar. This has no effect on old tokens or new ones. I can drag a brand-new, never-before-used monster from the compendium into the tabletop and it still has the three blank status bars. I cannot tell if I am doing something wrong or if the settings are broken. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Also having this issue nothing is updating when i use the apply default setting button
are you sure it is @{hp} and not "hp" or "hp_max". (This is how I have it set up) you can confirm this by double click on a token and check the drop down box for hp. 
Yea it's doing it for all my games for instance I change "always roll advantage" to "Query" and nothing changes in game, after applying.