Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Out of the Abyss update

Out of the Abyss is, to my knowledge, the only official 5E module/book that hasn't been made available on Roll20.  I saw an old thread saying Roll20 was "working their way through Wizards back catalog" and that OotA was planned.  The thread was old so automaticaly closed and I couldn't reply. Any update on when Out of the Abyss will be available?  I'd really like to use a) the Duergar and underdark tokens/stats as well as some of the maps. If it's not anytime soon, anyone have any idea of how to incorporate those things myself (legally...I own the hardcopies). Thanks in advance Mark
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To create the things yourself it would be as simple as making a character journal for the creature, setting it to npc and copying out the stat block, filling out the attack options etc. Tokens would be up to you to source an image for and upload against your library limit but would be just the same as making a PC token. The same goes for maps... the issue would be finding quality maps and bear in mind that printed versions often have multiple pixel width gridlines which would not line up exactly with Roll20s single pixel grid. I've answered the OotA question in your other thread but in summary... these things take time and there is always a balance between the old and the new for release schedules. :)
I saw that on Dragon+ app that the OotA maps were avaliabe on Roll20, but havent been able to find them at all :C any updates on OotA??? <3 If there is cause I am wanting these so hard 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't see OotA on the Marketplace. If they are being advertised on Dragon+, my guess is that they are in production, and the advertising on one platform jumped the debut on the other.
Fingers crossed that it comes out cause I'm gonna be grabbing that Day 1 it releases. Ive been foaming at the mouth to get it, Fantasy grounds has had it for years now, and I dont wanna move over to it. 
I'm hoping this thread is still alive, but +1 for OoTA. Even after many of the tokens being available on Mordenkainen's I would consider paying for the module digitally. 
as much as I want the two new modules of Waterdeep, and Undermountain. I still am in desperate need for the Underdark, I check back Roll20 every few weeks just to see if its out yet. :'(