Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Google Hangouts

A few months ago I remember Roll20 was going separate ways with Google Hangouts, though the voice and video do still work fine. However, when I revisited the tutorial it says it works fully integrated with Google Hangouts. I am wondering if this is just an old fact that was missed to be removed when the phase-out happened.
old fact im sure the team will be updating that stuff shortly 
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Falnex said: A few months ago I remember Roll20 was going separate ways with Google Hangouts This wasn't a Roll20 decision, this was a Google decision. Google sunset the Hangouts API, specifically because it was used so little. There was literally an internal spreadsheet with the names and emails (including Riley's) of the couple dozen or so developers affected by the turndown.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I didn't realize it was used so little. There's nothing really quite like it to fill the void.
the funny thing is hangouts api was being used by alot of people i think google internal decided to stop it unless you  paid for it ie business meetings only i guess.