Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stat block in chat like 5e Shaped but using 5e OGL

Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Is there a command or macro that can take the NPC stats in OGL and present them in the chat like the Shaped sheet does?
There's isn't one already created for it, but you could certainly make one yourself.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Well seems like I need to find the equivalent of these variables in the OGL. No attribute was found for @{Selected|output_option} No attribute was found for @{Selected|racialtraits_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|classfeatures_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|feats_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|reactions_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|lairactions_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|regionaleffects_chat_var}
you could alway create an NPC sheet with a lair action and replace the text with find me to find the area it is at on the sheet in attributes area. as i understand it they are usual NPC_action_# where # is 0-6+ not sure if all those have a hard coded OGL version. 
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Surok said: Well seems like I need to find the equivalent of these variables in the OGL. No attribute was found for @{Selected|output_option} No attribute was found for @{Selected|racialtraits_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|classfeatures_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|feats_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|reactions_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|lairactions_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|regionaleffects_chat_var} An equivalent for these does not exist, they are created by the Shaped sheet for the purpose of creating the chat macro. The OGL sheet does not do that.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Jakob said: Surok said: Well seems like I need to find the equivalent of these variables in the OGL. No attribute was found for @{Selected|output_option} No attribute was found for @{Selected|racialtraits_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|classfeatures_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|feats_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|reactions_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|lairactions_chat_var} No attribute was found for @{Selected|regionaleffects_chat_var} An equivalent for these does not exist, they are created by the Shaped sheet for the purpose of creating the chat macro. The OGL sheet does not do that. Ok thanks. Saved me the trouble of barking up the wrong tree.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: An equivalent for these does not exist, they are created by the Shaped sheet for the purpose of creating the chat macro. The OGL sheet does not do that. This. A lot of effort went into creating the chat macros so people could play without opening their sheet. That was by far the most requested set of features.
I made this little macro that outputs the stats, you can't roll from it but it's helpful information /w GM &{template:npcaction} {{rname=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=**AC** = @{selected|npc_ac} **Type** = @{selected|npc_type} **Challenge** = @{selected|npc_challenge} **XP** = @{selected|npc_xp} **HP** = @{selected|npc_hpbase} **([[ [[@{selected|npc_hpformula}]] ]])** **Speed** = @{selected|npc_speed} _______________________ **Str:** @{selected|strength} @{selected|strength_mod} **Dex:** @{selected|dexterity} @{selected|dexterity_mod} **Con:** @{selected|constitution} @{selected|constitution_mod} **Int:** @{selected|intelligence} @{selected|intelligence_mod} **Wis:** @{selected|wisdom} @{selected|wisdom_mod} **Cha:** @{selected|charisma} @{selected|charisma_mod} ------------------------------------- **Passive Perception:** = @{selected|passive} ------------------------------------- **Vulnerable** = @{selected|npc_vulnerabilities} **Resist** = @{selected|npc_resistances} **Immunity** = @{selected|npc_immunities} **Condition Imnty** = @{selected|npc_condition_immunities} **Senses** = @{selected|npc_senses} }} You can mod how you like Good gaming
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Kryx said: Jakob said: An equivalent for these does not exist, they are created by the Shaped sheet for the purpose of creating the chat macro. The OGL sheet does not do that. This. A lot of effort went into creating the chat macros so people could play without opening their sheet. That was by far the most requested set of features.  Definitely  a powerful tool. I really hate pulling up sheets, breaks the flow of the game and slows things down. I started off trying to make universal combat macro for NPCs but then encountered the nifty chat stat block of the Shaped sheet.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Thanks Ed S! Perhaps your macro might be another apprto skin this cat.

Edited 1518558524
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Back when I started actually running on Roll20, I wasted a lot of time making a chat macro like that for the Shaped Sheet before I realized they were already there . Derp.
Ed S. said: I made this little macro that outputs the stats, you can't roll from it but it's helpful information /w GM &{template:npcaction} {{rname=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=**AC** = @{selected|npc_ac} **Type** = @{selected|npc_type} **Challenge** = @{selected|npc_challenge} **XP** = @{selected|npc_xp} **HP** = @{selected|npc_hpbase} **([[ [[@{selected|npc_hpformula}]] ]])** **Speed** = @{selected|npc_speed} _______________________ **Str:** @{selected|strength} @{selected|strength_mod} **Dex:** @{selected|dexterity} @{selected|dexterity_mod} **Con:** @{selected|constitution} @{selected|constitution_mod} **Int:** @{selected|intelligence} @{selected|intelligence_mod} **Wis:** @{selected|wisdom} @{selected|wisdom_mod} **Cha:** @{selected|charisma} @{selected|charisma_mod} ------------------------------------- **Passive Perception:** = @{selected|passive} ------------------------------------- **Vulnerable** = @{selected|npc_vulnerabilities} **Resist** = @{selected|npc_resistances} **Immunity** = @{selected|npc_immunities} **Condition Imnty** = @{selected|npc_condition_immunities} **Senses** = @{selected|npc_senses} }} You can mod how you like Good gaming This works for the most part but "npc_hpbase" isn't working
The attribute might have changed. That happens sometimes when they update the sheet. Try changing @{selected|npc_hpbase) to @{selected|hp|max} I also see that @{selected|passive}  isn't working either. Replace that with [[@{selected|npc_perception} +10]] and that should fix it. Happy Rolling