Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Help: Why can't I miss concealed targets?

I'm playing a 3.5 game and have the Murky Eyed flaw; roll miss chance twice and take the worse of the two results. In an attempt to streamline game play, I attempted to incorporate miss chance into my attack roll. The intent is to multiply my attack roll by 0 on a miss or a 1 when the flaw doesn't kick in. At present, every single roll results in a successful hit; testing with 100% miss chance. Any help would be appreciated Code snippet from default template: [[(d20 + 3[BAB] + 3[Str] + (?{Monkey Grip|Yes,-2|No,0})[Monkey Grip] + 1[Enhancement] + (?{Misc Attk Mod|0})[Misc]) * [[2d100kl1>[[?{Miss Chance|0}+1]]]]]] I'm able to get it to work by calculating the attack roll and miss chance in separate square braces ([[[[attack_calk]] * [[miss_calc]]]]) but that removes the ability to hover and check the roll details, which I'd like to keep.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure why you're getting a 100% success rate...  I tried your macro as-is and I can get a failure just by bumping up the Miss Chance query. example; The first roll I set Miss chance to "0" and the attack went through as expected. "17" total. The second roll I set the Miss Chance to "99" and rolled a nat "20" !  It still shows as a miss, as expected. Thanks for making me waste a 20 btw...  ;-P.
Thanks Vince! When C&Ping what's here, the output got wonky; caused by the miss chance being on a new line. Hadn't recognized it as I thought it wrapped around due to the length. Sorry about the wasted 20. If it's any consolation, the same exact thing happened on my retest ;)