Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Newb, Needs To Know About Purchased Mine of Phandelver

So I just bought Lost Mine of Phandelver from Roll20. This all looks great and is just what I need for my newb campaign for all us guys spread across the USA. But I have two questions if you would all be kind enough to help. Most Important: I see that ALL of the content of this Campaign is in the "JOURNAL". But...I'm not understanding how to move those neat MAPS from the JOURNAL to the GRID? What am I doing wrong? I cannot located any info about how to do this? Second, but more complex: How do I get players to use and/or see the character sheets here on Roll20?
I think I figured it out! Page Toolbar. Derp
However, now I cannot manipulate ANYTHING on the maps, tokens or fog? 
manipulate? as in, u cant even move any of the tokens? that's weird. If you are the GM - you should be able to do whatever you wish to the game. as for the second question - in the journal tab - you need to create a new character sheet. Left click that character sheet, click on "Edit" In "Player's Journal" box: You can set it to ALL or just the individual player only. I personally like to show all the characters visible to all the players and encourage them to update their BIO regularly.  In "can be edit n controlled by" box: Player's Name only (you as the GM still have the ability to edit the sheet, so u dont need to add ur name to it)

Edited 1518701055
If you haven't already, be sure to have a thorough understanding of the Roll20 Toolbox. Having the wrong tool selected can prevent you from doing what you wish on the maps, particularly the layers tool. Roll20 Toolbox Overview