Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Masks: Silverline

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll be running Masks for some friends tomorrow night. I have a pretty specific version of Halcyon in mind, with room for the players to tinker and change (I hope). For anyone who is curious, here is a Google doc. <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vL0pyOwGo4XUoc91ohJ9kdtbspxOnDcH0nkTjRnE9RI/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vL0pyOwGo4XUoc91ohJ9kdtbspxOnDcH0nkTjRnE9RI/edit?usp=sharing</a>

Edited 1518700938
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Your set up questions are excellent. And the setting itself is marvelous. It feels like a combination of anime,&nbsp; superheroes, and Perdido Street Station. I love the focused nature of the questions. I feel like in our game we've asked ourselves a lot of these, but it took time and we sort of stumbled over questions that needed to be answered. Going into it ahead of time really focuses things and builds the world at the outset. I'm surprised there isn't a mutant gang in sector 0. :-)
Science pirates?&nbsp; Science pirates?! &nbsp; Okay, I admit I'm a little jealous of your players.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kaylee pretty much wants me to print the whole thing out and run it for a home game. :)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
If anyone does try it, of course, please leave feedback :)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Three players created three characters: a Beacon ("Sliderule") based on Data from the Goonies, with a Forge-like knack for alien tech; a Transformed ("Thorn"), a girl Sliderule had a crush on that somehow got turned into a plant person; and an Outsider ("Aria" - I know), an alien ball of energy (with a Kirby craft that's a larger ball of energy) who was a former prisoner on the crashed mothership. I got some good feedback on the setup questions, like that I should mention the fate of the Zeta and leave the nature of the mothership's crash open (or at least explain it better). All in all, I'm happy with where it's going.
I've not finished reading the sourcedoc, but what I have is really nice, full of possibilities both articulated and left to the gamers to play with.