Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Action Button or API to Search Compendium

Is there a way to link text to a search within the games Compendium? Today, I am linking pages like item number 1 in the image below to open pages from the Compendium inside of Roll20. This works fine, but it would really like to be able to instead have it search the Compendium for the item like Item 2 in the image below. Ultimately, I want my handout to make it easy for the players to drag and drop the item onto their character sheets. For some reason, all the explaining in the world, my players still can't seem to grasp the simplicity of the Compendium.
I really good fix for this would be to allow images in the Compendium entries. I'd pay for a DMG with images that me and my players could see.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Jeremy R. It's not possible to have a Compendium search triggered by clicking a hyperlink. I would suggest that you ask your players to copy and paste the name of items into the Compendium tab to find them.