Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolling a table multiple times

So I have my separate Gem and Art Objects tables, and I'm trying to set up an automatic treasure hoard generator. How would I set the macro up to roll a d100 then use that answer to roll the appropriate d6/4 and use that number to roll the gem table and so on?  Basically, How to use a number rolled by the macro within the macro? and how to roll a table multiple times in a macro? Any help would be great thanks
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can't reuse rolls, however you can do something like this: [[ [[1d6]]t[Gems] ]] to roll on a table multiple times (note that you will need to hover to see the full entry details). I would recommend Aaron's Recursive Tables script though. It's pretty much made for this.
That makes since! Instead of 1t[table]. I will look into that script, I'm just getting started and not quite into those yet. Thank you for the reply!
Yeah the hovering would be okay if it didn't drop out of the screen. On to the script