Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Get attack macro name

I'm on a free version, but I have some trouble. I have made macro for my character (namely macro for his attacks) and I am trying to make a button to use them, rather than open the sheet every time. Problem is, when I tried it, instead, I got fixed value that do not change as I level up or enter rage. How can I get the name of the macro attacks? Whenever I put my mouse on the macro button, I don't get a name.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Which sheet/rpg system are you using Elgate? 
I'm using pathfinder sheets
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
On the regular Pathfinder sheet(neceros) you should be getting the names of attributes and sheet rolls by hovering over them.  You can always use the browser's inspect element(right-click context menu option) on any given attribute or roll and learn the name of the input to use in custom macros.  Also, you can drag/drop any button roll from a sheet to the macro quickbar where you can rename and colorize.  The sheet also includes chat menu buttons for just about all rolls on the sheet.  You can drag/drop those or make macros that call them by there name.  No reason to open the sheet if you use these menus.  Lot's of options.
Alright, thank you. I realized were the problem is. We are mainly french players, and we use the french sheets. The "attack" button do not exist on the french version.

Edited 1518905973
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Elgate said: Alright, thank you. I realized were the problem is. We are mainly french players, and we use the french sheets. The "attack" button do not exist on the french version. FYI: we have done all the translation code needed for the regular Pathfinder sheet so that it can be translated into any language that roll20 supports.  Sadly there is not a French translation yet...  ;-(  Know any volunteers?   Since you are using the  French Pathfinder sheet , try using the browser's right-click "inspect element" feature to learn an attributes name.  Not sure if the sheet allows drag/drop of sheet buttons... example of using inspect element to learn attriubute names; name="attr_attk-melee"  is the name of the input.  You can ignore the "attr_" portion(only used within the sheet), so that the attribute name that can be used in macros would be @{attk-melee} Also, you can often roll a macro from a sheet, go to the chat input window and use the "UP" arrow key to display the last commands sent to chat.  You might be able to get some attribute names with that as well.