Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding a module to an existing game?

How can I add a module (and all it's resources) to a game I already have setup?
click on your campaign, above "Recent Game Discussion" you should see a option for add-on. Click on it and add any module you own
There are two different types: Modules and Add-Ons. Add-Ons can be added to existing games, as Nover says. Modules can only be added when creating a new game, and cannot be directly added to an existing game. As a Pro user, you can create a Module-based new game, then use the Transmogrifier to copy elements over to your existing game.
Nover C. said: click on your campaign, above "Recent Game Discussion" you should see a option for add-on. Click on it and add any module you own Yea, that doesn't show the full modules I have like Hoard of the DQ, only ones like Volo's Guide.
Rabulias said: There are two different types: Modules and Add-Ons. Add-Ons can be added to existing games, as Nover says. Modules can only be added when creating a new game, and cannot be directly added to an existing game. As a Pro user, you can create a Module-based new game, then use the Transmogrifier to copy elements over to your existing game. I was afraid Transmogrifier was the only option, not the most user friendly (like if I start with Hoard of the DQ then want to continue it in the Tiamat module...)

Edited 1518843137
The easier option might be to Transmogrify the player characters into the new module's game. It might be less to copy that way.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Rabulias said: The easier option might be to Transmogrify the player characters into the new module's game. It might be less to copy that way. This is the easiest way to bounce between modules. Use the vault or the Transmogrify to move the character sheets around. On the plus side, it keeps the games individual so there is less lag than having everything piled into one game.