Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Skill check macro/ability help - OGL 5e sheets

I am currently trying to create a character macro that lets me roll skill checks and select standard/advantage/disadvantage through a drop down box. I would like to use the simple template due to the advantage/always/normal/disadvantage toggles. However, I'm struggling with getting the nested query to work on the simple template. This macro illustrates the type of query I am trying to nest: &{template:simple} {{rname=Test}} {{mod=Test}} {{r1=[[1d20]]}} ?{Roll Type|Standard, {{normal=1&#125 ;&#125 ;|Advantage, {{advantage=1&#125 ;&#125 ;} {{r2=[[1d20]]}} However, what I'm really looking for is this type of macro, except with the ability to choose it for each skill. When I started trying to figure it out and nest the query, I wasn't able to get the second "Roll Type" query to properly work. ?{Skill Check|Strength Save, &{template:simple&#125 ; {{rname=Strength Save&#125 ;&#125 ; {{mod=mod&#125 ;&#125 ; {{r1=[[r1]]&#125 ;&#125 ; ?{Roll Type&#124 ;Standard&#44 ; {{normal=1&#125 ;&#125 ;&#124 ;Advantage&#44 ; {{advantage=1&#125 ;&#125 ;&#125 ; {{r2=[[r2]]&#125 ;&#125 ;|} Does anyone have any advice for fixing this, or is there a better way to do this?

Edited 1519011595
The better way, in 100% all honestly without-meaning-to-sound-snarky, is to just set the sheet to always roll advantage and use the sheet buttons. It's clean and it works.&nbsp; Rolling both advantage and disadvantage (always=1) all the time takes no more screen space than not rolling it. As far as nesting;&nbsp; take it in pieces. Base query:&nbsp; (I can see you already know how to put HTML replacements in, so I'll forgo including those. They're still needed. Mind the commas and pipes too) &{template:simple} ?{Which Skill? | Acrobatics, | Animal Handling, | etc,etc } Fill in the normal, non-advantage version of everything, without the toggle for advantage: &{template:simple}&nbsp; ?{Which Skill? | Acrobatics, {{rname=Acrobatics}} {{mod=@{acrobatics_bonus}}} {{r1=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}}&nbsp; {{r2=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}} | Animal Handling, {{rname=Animal Handling}} {{mod=@{animal_handling_bonus}}} {{r1=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}} | etc,etc } Separately, craft the bit that will ask for advantage {{ ?{Type of Roll|Normal,normal=1|Always Roll Both, always=1|Advantage, advantage=1|Disadvantage,disadvantage=1} }} Throw that advantage bit at the end of each line of the macro in progress &{template:simple} ?{Which Skill? | Acrobatics, {{rname=Acrobatics}} {{mod=@{acrobatics_bonus} }} {{r1=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]] }} {{?{Type of Roll|Normal,normal=1|Always Roll Both,always=1|Advantage,advantage=1|Disadvantage,disadvantage=1} }} | Animal Handling, {{rname=Animal Handling}} {{mod=@{animal_handling_bonus} }} {{r1=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}} {{r2=[[1d20 + @{acrobatics_bonus} ]]}} {{?{Type of Roll|Normal,normal=1|Always Roll Both,always=1|Advantage,advantage=1|Disadvantage,disadvantage=1} }} | etc,etc } (You can get a list of the skill bonus attribute names from the "Directly Referencing Attributes" section of <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20</a>...