Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] Giving items magical effects

I'm trying to build up my own magic item thats not currently in the compendium for use with the Roll20 OGL sheet for 5e. We're playing Lost Mine of Phandelver and one of my players has picked up the Staff of Defense. Its not in the compendium, so I'm trying to build it up. I added in a Quarterstaff so it can be used as a weapon, but is there a way I can make it so it adds in the +1 to armour when it is equipped, as no doubt we'll forget to remove it if/when it breaks.
Just put ac+1 in the MODS section of the item.
Thanks
Kyle G. said: Just put ac+1 in the MODS section of the item. My players have decided that they like the shaped sheet better. Is there anyway to add mods to this sheet?
On the Shaped sheet, items are separated out by Attack (for items that do damage), Utility (for misc. items, usually healing items), and Armor (items that adjust AC).  So, in the case of a weapon that also alters AC, you'd probably have to make two entries, one in the Attacks section, and the other in the Armor section (qualify it as a Shield, since all the other armor types start with a base AC, whereas a shield adds to AC).  To unequip it, you'd have to uncheck both items, unfortunately.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It can also be added as a modifier for the armor bonus.