Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM looking for a Pathfinder group, more options available than in 5E

So i've been reading through reviews and comments over the oddity that is fifth edition from DnD and I cannot say I am very impressed. As a DnD convert, I am accustomed to what 3.5 was all about which is why I moved to Pathfinder when it hit the book stands and I have never gone back. I am relatively new to Roll20 and I would like to test out my DMing skills with this platform since it has worked so well in the traditional format, but I have been running my own homebrew games, modules, and module/homebrew hybrids for the better part of 10 years so really all I need is some Roll20 experience. I have run a few games with my former group but we haven't been able to play and I am eager to find a new digital based group to run games. If you are interested in joining us feel free to leave a comment. I usually log on every night at least once. Thanks guys! 
Some would say it has too many options. However, I might be interested, depending on game and time :) I actually prefer 5e over Pathfinder, but still own about 15 books xD So I don't really care if the game is good :3
I have been looking for a game for sat evenings. If you have any openings for players then please keep me in mind. Starting time doesn't matter because I am available Saturday after 7PM CST until i feel like it.
lol I do agree that Pathfinder has a LOT of options. I am typically a pretty open DM and right now I only have one consistent player who has limited DM experience. My other players (there are 4 in total) are not nearly as active and one of which is moving out of country for a long period of time. We typically use a Discord server to voice chat during games. Though we play Pathfinder rules, I do not use the Pathfinder world of Gorellion or any of its prestige classes since most of them are tied directly to the culture of that world.I typically try to gather the group Fridays or Saturdays at about 7pm EST. If we are able to gather earlier I usually have no issues starting sooner. 
That time shouldn't be a problem for me, even if it's a bit late xD (I'm CET, but have an abundance of time), so again, depending on the game itself, I'm on board :)
I haven't played Pathfinder in a few years but would love to dust off my books again! I love homebrew campaigns as they usually allow more social/RP interaction than most of the modules I've played. The time works for me too so if you'll have me I'd love to join. :D
If you're willing to put up with my lack of knowledge with the pathfinder rules I'd love to join in, Friday's work perfect for me, I may be able to do some Saturday's but that's usually the night I run my 4e game 
I'd also be interested. I pm'ed you a personal intro and some character concepts.
My roommate and I are pretty free and prefer Pathfinder. I've got a discord if you'd like to chat.
Nodyn said: I haven't played Pathfinder in a few years but would love to dust off my books again! I love homebrew campaigns as they usually allow more social/RP interaction than most of the modules I've played. The time works for me too so if you'll have me I'd love to join. :D Even with modules I tend to add in my own personal touches here and there. Modules can be very dull for players.
Kyle C. said: If you're willing to put up with my lack of knowledge with the pathfinder rules I'd love to join in, Friday's work perfect for me, I may be able to do some Saturday's but that's usually the night I run my 4e game  Yeah i gave up on 4E a long time ago. like eight years ago. I didnt like how everything was like an activated power. per encounter, per day and all that. I'd like to get people in a discord server. Still need to edit the settings on it but PM me and I can give you the details once its all set up
Jack . said: I'd also be interested. I pm'ed you a personal intro and some character concepts. Thank you! I will look over it
Kyle D. said: My roommate and I are pretty free and prefer Pathfinder. I've got a discord if you'd like to chat. discord is our primary method of communication.
Have you decided day and time yet?
mizore shirayuki said: Have you decided day and time yet? We would be gaming on Fridays or Saturdays depending on our schedules at 7:00EST at the latest, earlier if we all can.
If any of you would like a link to our Discord Channel, please send me a PM asking for it.
Hey there. Long-time Pathfinder player, very experienced with the system and very heavy on roleplay. I'd be happy to play any day but would not be available at 7:00pm (I don't live in the US so your evenings are my dead-of-night). If you're willing to move the game to say saturday afternoon your time, please let me know.
ARSEN1C said: Hey there. Long-time Pathfinder player, very experienced with the system and very heavy on roleplay. I'd be happy to play any day but would not be available at 7:00pm (I don't live in the US so your evenings are my dead-of-night). If you're willing to move the game to say saturday afternoon your time, please let me know. Our time is picked out mostly because of my schedule and I have a little boy I don't get to spend a lot of time with. At 7pm our time is when he starts the process of going to bed so it works best for me sadly. Perhaps later in the year we can change our times, If you want in to our discord channel just let me know and I'll send you an invite that way if something changes we can let you know.