Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Homebrew Campaign 5e: Broken Empire of Droth

Welcome to the broken empire of Droth! This is a homebrew campaign I've created entirely by myself. Before I get into the details, why don't I share the basic info: This campaign will be running once a week, on either Saturdays or Sundays, anytime during the day as long as it's in 9am to 9pm PST. Share your thoughts on when you're available. Discord is optional, but highly advised. I have a long storyline concerning the fall of Droth, but here's the overview, with minimal backstory: Droth used to be an empire encompassing almost the entire continent of Quirie. It is no longer.  After a long unpleasant affair which I detail more greatly in the campaign, an apocalypse was started by a nice-wizard-turned-evil-necromancer. Droth was split down the middle with undead (I have a map that shows this more clearly). On the west of the wasteland, the cities helped each other survive, and even begin to push back east and reclaim land. On the east side of undead territory, the remains have split into pieces. A small amount of the frontlines, where the capital once was, still hail to the King who resides there. All the rest is split into groups, mostly anarchists. You are part of a small but well-equipped military outpost on the west. You will be starting with characters from level 1 to 3. Feel free to tell me about what kind of character you want to play. This is a lighthearted campaign, with a decent amount of violence but still many opportunitys for diplomacy. I still need 4 people who can reliably be online at the same time. -Theo 
I'm very much interested in playing! I have a bi-weekly weekend game (usually mid-afternoon PST Saturdays) so if I joined we may have to schedule around that, if that's alright. I have a bunch of character concepts that I'd be interested in (one of which is a firearms user so I'm not sure how viable that'd be for your campaign), so if you want to PM me we can chat more about them. :)
I'd be interested, depending on the game's time and day.
this sounds really interesting, so I just wanted to ask if an almost completely new player would be able to join? (I watched a lot of critical role and a few other d&d shows online and I did a lot of research as I started GMing a homebrew campaign for my family recently, so I have quite a bit of theoretical knowledge, but I have never played before!)
Nodyn: Sure, that time would work! Ghost: As Nodyn said, the campaign could be about mid-afternoon (PST). Is that time okay with you? Lyss: That sounds OK... Do you have the Player's Handbook? If so, try to get a basic understanding of the game.
I'm interested! I'm available anytime on Saturday and Sunday. I don't have any specific character ideas in mind yet, and I'd rather hear what the other players are making before I make my decision on the type of character I'll play.
Ah that's cool :) I have a pdf-Version of the phb and also the basic player rules + basic dm rules (which I have read most of) and I have DMed for my family a bit, so the overall understanding of the game and most of the rules are definitely not a problem, I just might have a question on a detail at some point, be a little shy about roleplaying or struggle to apply a rule correctly, but I'm sure that I'd learn all that quickly! and time and day: both days are fine with me, but since I am GMT+1 I am 9 hours ahead of PST, so earlier in the day would be easier for me (between 9am-6pm PST on Saturdays and 9am-3pm PST on Sundays), if that's not doable for the other players though I would totally understand!  I do have a headset with microphone and discord and am used to using it ;) as for a character, I would love to play a half-elf cleric (or as a second choice ranger), but I am definitely open to discussing that!
Theo M. said: Ghost: As Nodyn said, the campaign could be about mid-afternoon (PST). Is that time okay with you? That'll work for me on Saturday, but not on Sunday.
I'd like to play, I'm new mind you. Anytime is good.  Thou timezone could be an issue. (UTC +12)  Essentially I am a day ahead of you. Character wise I'd like to play a stealthy Swamp Witch Druid, with an empathsis on area denial and utility, with a splash of acid/poison. Hopefully that'll mesh with your campaign.
It seems like most people are available mid-afternoon Saturdays PST, so how about we plan about there? Maybe, say, 3:00 pm pst? Anybody available then? If not, when in the afternoon?
My friend and I would be interested. We are available for late morning/early afternoon on Saturday and open availability for Sunday. I would like to play a Druid while my friend would be playing a Cleric. We both have discord. Feel free to PM me if you want more info on our characters or us in general.
Hello! Myself and my friend are interested in playing if there are still openings! We're both available Saturdays after 4pm EST, and have open availability on Sundays. I'm thinking of playing a monk or paladin, and my friend would be playing either a warlock or blood hunter. We both have discord! feel free to PM me if you need more info.
3pm PST should be doable, as long as sessions do not run longer than 3 hours (cause by then it would be 3am over here xD) though starting one or two hours earlier would make it a lot easier, but like I said, it's doable!
Well hopefully I'm not too late, but I would love to be apart of your campaign if there is still room. My timezone is EST and I am avaiable anytime after 3pm my time and all of sunday. The charcter I would like to play is either a warlock (celestial or hexbalde patron) or a sorcerer (wil magic or storm bloodline), but I am down to play any class really if the first two options wouldn't fit well with the rest of the party. Even if I don't get to play, thanks for the consideration anyways!
Ok, so if I have this right, the majority of people can do this starting somewhere from 1 to 3 pm pst (4-6pm est, 3-5pm cst) Is that right? If you can do it at that time, how long should it go on?
Hmm I'd say about 3-4 hours depending on peoples availability and the start time.
Okay. So, for everyone here, how does 3 to 6pm PST or 3 to 7pm PST sound?
Yeah that would work for me.

Edited 1519693134
So, as I said, we need 4 or 5 players. Current list is: T.J Lyss S. Dennis B. Ghost
That time would work for me and my friend!

Edited 1519300478
3-6pm is okay, as long as it doesn't go later than 6pm, because that's reaaaally late for me xD
I'd be very interested! My weekend schedule is open and flexible.
Is that the final roster then?
I think...
I am mainly only free Sundays because of work but would still love to play
I think cyrus b. was applying for two people, if I understood that correctly?  anyway, I am on board! should we use discord for further communication, or something else? 
I was, yes! So it's me plus my friend Xander, if that's okay.
Er, so the players for the game have already been selected? I'm pretty sure I've lost the plot.
I also have discord if we need to start getting things set up through there
Ghost: Me too... Well, so if Cyrus is actually 2 people, and Ghost, that means 7 + me as DM. Pretty large group but I think that's OK. 
So what's the plan from here? 
Should we move the conversation to discord? //
i would like to join if you still have room  i have been playing D&D since 2004 and have over 1300 hours on roll20

Edited 1519493006
//
Mines TJ#2911
Okay, everyone, I will make a discord server for us.&nbsp;<a href="https://discord.gg/uJgYFP3" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/uJgYFP3</a>