Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [Fate CORE] Players interested in narrative / RP-focussed game with emphasis on social conflict / interpersonal drama [LGBTQ+ friendly]

Edited 1519198071
Hello, all! I'm looking for a group of friendly nerds interested in delving into some fantastical, character-driven roleplaying. I tend to GM light on action and take more pleasure in drama and intrigue and watching the PCs follow their ambitions and instincts. I like playing games that allow the narrative to be shaped by PC goals and give players the agency to guide their characters where they want (with table discussion and discretion, of course). And so, I'm looking for players comfortable with playing proactive and creative characters. I'm also looking for players who can find enjoyment in watching their characters fail gloriously and find failure as interesting and exciting as success. So, all that being said - if you're someone who wants to hang with folks and chat about your characters’ objectives / motivations / inner struggles, roleplay that out.. and also build fantastical worlds, then please let me know! Conversely, if you're someone who takes more pleasure in GM-directed mission-based games, adventuring, combat, cool loot, optimizing stats, and sweet skill lists and spells, all the power to you! It just might not be the right fit for this particular group or style of game. We'll be using a modified Fate Core, as it's quite flexible and rules-lite. We’d start with the typical Fate Core session 0 where we’ll collaboratively build our world and our characters and propose themes and story elements. I like to use Fate Points during this process to buy story elements into the game. It's fun and keeps ideas focussed and selective. I'm hoping to do a short (4-6 session) campaign, and we'll reassess where to go from there when we get to the end of that arc. In terms of timing, I’m fairly flexible for the next couple months and would like to play a weekly game. I live in PST and can do an evening any day from Monday through Thursday or during the day / afternoon on Fridays. As for etiquette, I avoid sexual violence and won't tolerate sexist, transphobic, homophobic, racist, or other intolerant comments. I'll do my best to ensure we're an inclusive and welcoming group. :) I love heavy roleplaying and chatting about characters’ psyches, story themes, and all that good nerdy book club-esque stuff. So, if any of this sounds like the type of group you'd want to join, please let me know! Thanks! Joel
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Joel and other Fate fans, Roll20 has a Fate community called Fate Corps . We’ve got a player and GM listing by time zone, as well as a list of Fate campaigns that people are running. If you are looking for players or a game, join us. /Matt
I'm interested, i tried Fate once... but due to lack of time and work and other RL crap i had fade back into the shadows where i came from. I got several ideas of some characters i'd like to talk to you about before Session 0, if that would be okay with you. Some based loosly from other games and just overall concepts... My Steam: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/CopperBoltwire/" rel="nofollow">http://steamcommunity.com/id/CopperBoltwire/</a> My Discord: Copper B.#6228
I'd love to play but the times are unreachable for me ;-;
So, Lovable protagonists in over their heads Narrative focused with PC agency Not classic dungeon fantasy Respect for other humans Oh yeah, this can work for me.&nbsp; Are there any settings/themes that you'd like to explore? I understand the collaborate world-building process, but a short list of loose ideas can help drum up potential-player excitement. Some ideas that jump to mind for me: Candidates & staff in a mudslinging small-town mayoral race Living under siege, e.g. living in a war zone or zombies without zombie-bashing Cops and petty criminals, or to be even more petty, mall cops and shoplifters Reality TV show I'm CST. M-Th evenings work for me.&nbsp;
Hello there! I've never played the FATE system but if you're open to a newbie joining the group I would love to play. Like you enjoy the interactions between characters/NPCs more than action so the FATE system itself has always interested me (first saw it on TableTop) but just couldn't find anyone willing to play. What kind of setting/campaign were you thinking of running?
I am greatly interested in your invitation.&nbsp; I have been playing RPGs for15 years, mostly GM experience.&nbsp; I love story driven, PC style games that don't focus solely on combat.&nbsp; I am also PST and available most of the times you proposed.

Edited 1519271734
Thanks for your replies, everyone! I was mostly hoping to at least scope out folks that might be interested in this type of gameplay. There are a lot of posts on the forums looking for 5E players, which is great, but I wasn't sure how much / how quick of a response I'd receive around playing something a little different. It's nice to see already that this is not the case! :) And actually, I have quite badly wanted to play out a campaign set in a small town with small town politics - gossip, friendships, betrayal, cliques and romances. All that good, drama-rich stuff. So if a setting like that - with a mayoral race as the catalyst - is interesting to people, please let me know! :) I may post again in Fate Corps - now that I've joined the group. Thanks again for the invite, MattBx8!
Would this be a voice, video or text game?
I'm very much interested in this! Personally, I prefer roleplay-focused / narrative-focused games more than combat-focused games. All the more power to you too for being inclusive when it comes to diversity and emphasizing your interest in a small town politics game. This is really just the type of game I need. However, I am *very* new to the scene thus I have limited knowledge + would highly prefer sticking with text-based games instead. If that hasn't deterred you already, then do hook me up :D Your post urged me to read more about Fate. It's so much simpler and flexible than DnD I'm surprised it isn't more popular.
do you have any ideas about a storyline, or setting? FATE is pretty flexible, so you could do anything.
* chen. said: I'm very much interested in this! Personally, I prefer roleplay-focused / narrative-focused games more than combat-focused games. All the more power to you too for being inclusive when it comes to diversity and emphasizing your interest in a small town politics game. This is really just the type of game I need. However, I am *very* new to the scene thus I have limited knowledge + would highly prefer sticking with text-based games instead. If that hasn't deterred you already, then do hook me up :D Your post urged me to read more about Fate. It's so much simpler and flexible than DnD I'm surprised it isn't more popular. I think DnD will always have the edge because of name recognition. And some people like the tactical combat, and the war game roots. but FATE is really fun, if you have good story tellers in the party, if its the typical dnd party with a lot of "roll"players, it can be kinda awful.