Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

what is a great system to play a superhero game on roll20?

My players and I are long time d&d players and planning to start a superhero campaign by the end of summer. I heard `hero` and `champions` are good options, but I dont know if they are well developed on roll20. I would love to have something like the 5e ogl, where a lot of things are automatic. And ofcourse we want a good, fun system. Open to any suggestions! 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I know you can play supers with the savage worlds sheet, the fate sheet, there is an ICONS sheet, and probably some others. A person's opinion on good fun system is a very bias pov and outside the limits of discussion in the forums on roll20.

Edited 1519341343
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Mutants&Masterminds is a d20 based superhero system that I've been interested in playing, but haven't really come around with it. It has a sheet here, but the drawback is that character creation have the potential to become complex, but when it's done it seems to be quite nice to play There exists books of premade chars for the system(generic and DC heros) that can help with creating your character. There are even some obscure ones like Weaverdice, which is relatively rules-light, but with a bit different char creation process. It's based on the webserial Worm and it's superhero-verse and own approach to powers. M&M have an average-or-above sheet here and Weaverdice have a below-average sheet here.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Genesys RPG is a new system that has a few clearly defined rules to make a superhero game.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
We should probably confine ourselves to recommendations based on what is developed within the Roll20 community, not what is a subjectively better system. Hero (Champions) just got a fairly good upgrade in terms of a dice rolling script, but would require a Pro user to create the game in order to use it. Also, I have heard that the character sheet is problematic.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The character sheet is usable, but is extremely basic. You need to manually create macros for all the powers you have, though to be honest, that's probably easier here than most other VTTs. 
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: We should probably confine ourselves to recommendations based on what is developed within the Roll20 community, not what is a subjectively better system. Hero (Champions) just got a fairly good upgrade in terms of a dice rolling script, but would require a Pro user to create the game in order to use it. Also, I have heard that the character sheet is problematic. I wrote a Genesys RPG sheet, so it is available to the Roll20 community. =) It is already in the dropdown list along with a API script that works for the rolling of the custom dice. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Genesys" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Genesys</a> If you weren't referring to my suggestion, then I apologize for replying. If you did mean the Genesys recommendation, it helps to look at the list first =).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I was just heading off a potential system discussion in general. Not you personally.

Edited 1519363511
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Keithcurtis was just trying to help keep this thread roll20 specific and not be derailed into off-topic oblivion. I posted earlier about some of the sheets which are community supported along with the fact those systems are ogl or have a free version of them (original poster said they were looking for something like 5e ogl) but I do not know Genesys is an ogl or has a free version so I did not mention it. Now back to specifics pertaining to roll20. Ori, there are a variety of systems that have sheets on roll20 and each one has it's strengths and weaknesses. I would recommend taking the time to think about your group's play style and research the various systems to find one that matches or comes close to you and your group's likes then locate the sheet on roll20. If there is not one, you could request it in the&nbsp; sheet forum ,&nbsp; build it yourself (requires a pro subscription to build it), or just go with the basic journal's&nbsp; bio and ability tabs being treated like a paper sheet. Seeking specific system information is considered offtopic and should be looked for at another site. From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are is a good place to start: /r/rpg