Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tech recommendation for halcyon.city

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I registered a domain for Masks general stuff. I'd like to turn it into a general purpose thing where fans can submit content. I want something low touch and above all SECURE, so no WordPress. Something searchable would be critical. Free hosted stuff like Tumblr isn't suitable for that. Anyone have technology recommendations? I might cook up something custom too.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
I tend to use wikis for that, but... eh. I know a lot of folks who ended up getting drowned by spam bots. I set my game with a password and put it on the front page as "the password is my daughter's first name", which keeps out anyone I don't know and vice versa, but you'd need something like that at the least. "The password is the name of the Protege character from the core Masks rulebook" or something? I dunno. Probably not the best answer, either, not for pictures and stuff.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Right now the front runner is a managed Drupal, or running it on ECS in AWS, which gets around the annoyingly manual upgrade steps. An actual wiki will kill me with spam, yeah.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Drupal is a great idea.