Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][3.5e] Deities and Demigods

Ok I've wanted to try this out for a while. Deities and demigods is 3.5's way of statting divine entities from quasi-deities all the way to greater gods and beyond. Because I like pushing the limits of what's possible (while remaining balanced and not ruining anyone else's game), I decided I wanted to play in a game where all the characters (probably not terribly many, since high power games break down hard at high player counts) are gods made using these rules. So here we are. I'm looking for a DM, as well as two or three other players, to go on this wild journey with me.  The basic concept of the story is that the players are minor deities (divine rank 5) in a world where some extraplanar threat is trying to destroy/consume known existence. I'm going to lay down a few ground rules, but the DM can change them/make up new ones if he/she wants. 1. Alter reality is banned.  2. Players can use any race with 3 or more INT. Level adjustments are irrelevant at this level of power, and all deities have 20 racial hit dice regardless of their race, so go wild. At the DM's discretion, players that choose higher-power races may receive fewer class levels. 3. Speaking of class levels, you get 30 of them. These are all epic levels, since they're all past an ECL of 20. Again, at the DM's discretion, players that choose monstrous/powerful races might receive less, or players that choose basic humanoid races could receive more. 4. DM has the right to veto shenanigans. Anyone up for this?
I'd be very interested in playing, depending on the time and date. I've always liked high-power games, and I do have a hankering for 3.X. I suspect it'll be hell to find a GM who'd be willing to tolerate such goofy insanity, though.
That is an interesting premise, and I think it could be fun, for the entertainment value alone, though it has some great roleplaying potential to it as well, depending on how its handled.  I would be interested in playing it, or possibly even running something like this.  I think the ground rules are good, maybe tweak them a little.  Having created many pantheons of deities for different races and campaign worlds, I think I have a decent grasp on how they work, for player or DM.  Generally speaking, you can choose any race you want (human, elf, dwarf, drow, lizarfolk, mind flayer, etc) and give them 20 levels of the Outsider racial/monstrous class (that's where their 20 racial hit dice come from) and then up to 30 class levels (depending on base race) for Divine Rank 5.  I think it could be a blast
Well, color me wrong, and happy to be so. I'm glad you agree, Joe! I'd be happy to fill something approaching a co-GM role, but unfortunately I'm already GMing two things and probably couldn't mantle full GM responsibilities.
Cool! I'll link you guys the game.
I know what you mean.  I'm running a Werewolf the Apocalypse game, a Mutants and Masterminds 3e game, and possibly something else already.  What would be the day and time of this, so I know for sure if I can do it or not?
I would love to try this game out too if you'll have me
When works for you? I have a lot of days where I have time. and sure malchi, there's room for one more.
The games I'm running at the moment are later in the evening (around 9 PM or so Eastern time).  The day I'll have to check out.  I have a few appointments every week and sometimes, some of them change days or time.  The games I'm running at the moment are on Monday and Tuesday.  But I'll see if I can tweak some schedules because if no one else can/will run it, it sounds intriguing to at least give a shot
Okay. Well those are the days I have games as well so we're pretty much good any other day.