Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Interact With Object help (5e)

Hey all, I've got a small question here. It seems the use an object action can be used for many things including opening and closing doors, but what I was wondering is whether it requires two of those actions to open and close a door separately, or if you can open and close it with just the one action. Thanks!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Assuming D&D 5e, I think that might me up to the DM to allow/disallow depending on the situation. I'd allow it if someone just takes a quick ppek through the door and closes it instantly afterwards. Questions regarding rules in different games system aren't really meant for the roll20 forums, this is "Specific (roll20) use Questions& Macros", similar questions is better directed to game specific communities. In this case you could search for sage advice rulings regarding object interaction, this could have been talked about before. The DnD5e community here is so big that I think they actually could have a own forum to discuss general 5e stuff. I mean this is yet another example of DnD5e player asking general 5e question, which is commonplace, even to the point most don't even think of mentioning which system they are referring to.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext