Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The just-for-fun James naming thread [IRL]

I blame phonemes (as opposed to Keynomes) for my regularly calling my child "Jason" rather than "James".   That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I know. MY BE RIDICULOUS.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Real talk, I had a "K -> James" card staring at me from my desk for a couple weeks for exactly that reason. I kept checking "did I say Jason? shit, that would be weird".
For the record, I do not want to change my name to Jason.  I am quite happy with James. And hopefully the "Jason"s will stop once he starts wearing cardigans and sits in the library all day.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
James H. said: For the record, I do not want to change my name to Jason.  I am quite happy with James. And hopefully the "Jason"s will stop once he starts wearing cardigans and sits in the library all day. The Jason stopped for me once Mercury demonstrated an ability to talk to girls, now there is no confusion.
Bill G. said: The Jason stopped for me once Mercury demonstrated an ability to talk to girls, now there is no confusion. Touché.
There is a difference.  Harry could technically talk to girls before, he just didn't get the underlying conversation.  Jason just blunders through the conversation without any idea of what is going on.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
All conversations IRL should come with handy floating placards on my HUD to remind me of proper names. Seriously. I could use some functional google-glass type UI yesterday, please.
^^ +1000