Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Alterbar + Healing?

Hey guys! I've been trying to set up more nice and awesome macros in my game. On recommendations I've grabbed the alterbar API and set it up for potions etc. I've also figured out how to set up macros for spells like Cure Wounds and Healing Word, but while it's nice that the healing is applied directly, my players are sad that they can't see what they rolled for the healing.  Is there a way to set things up so that rolling healing off the character sheet (5e OGL) sends things to alterbar, or set up macros that not only roll the total healing for alterbar, but also allow a mouse over showing what you rolled?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Could you give an example of a macro that you have created and that you would like to have adjusted? Could you post your Userconfig from that script (everything between // USER CONFIG and // END USER CONFIG)?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The PowerCards API Script can be used with AlterBars to provide that output. For example, after installing PowerCards, could you use a macro like this for a potion of healing: !power {{ --Potion of Healing|[[ [$R] 2d4 + 2 ]] --alterbar1| _target|@{target||token_id} _bar|1 _amount|[^R] }}
Silvyre said: The PowerCards API Script can be used with AlterBars to provide that output. For example, after installing PowerCards, could you use a macro like this for a potion of healing: !power {{ --Potion of Healing|[[ [$R] 2d4 + 2 ]] --alterbar1| _target|@{target||token_id} _bar|1 _amount|[^R] }} Thank you SO much! I've been playing around with Power Cards since your recommendation, and I'm just in love with it. My players like the feeling of being able to say "I heal X person" and actually doing that directly :)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Inkcharm said: Silvyre said: The PowerCards API Script can be used with AlterBars to provide that output. For example, after installing PowerCards, could you use a macro like this for a potion of healing: !power {{ --Potion of Healing|[[ [$R] 2d4 + 2 ]] --alterbar1| _target|@{target||token_id} _bar|1 _amount|[^R] }} Thank you SO much! I've been playing around with Power Cards since your recommendation, and I'm just in love with it. My players like the feeling of being able to say "I heal X person" and actually doing that directly :) You're very welcome! PowerCards can be a lot of fun! Happy scripting!