Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Community] 5e Character Sheet Problem

I'm using the community 5e Character Sheet.  The weapon attack macros aren't working.  All the other rolls are working.  What am I doing wrong?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Do you get as response (a) error message  (b) broken code (c) nothing when you use the macro? Tied add a new weapon and see if it doesn't work either? Have the macros worked for you at some point?
Its all the weapons on the sheet I'm having problems with.  It works fine on every other sheet I've ever made, including all the others in the current game.  I'm totally perplexed.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Rob W. It might help determine exactly what the issue is if you could post the malfunctioning code output by one of the Sheet Roll Buttons . Check out Sheet Roll Buttons for instructions on how to acquire the macro code output by sheet buttons.
Well I 'resolved' the problem simply by making a new sheet.  It works just fine.  In the interest of helping those smarter than me fix bugs I don't understand, below is the output of the two sheets when attempting the same roll: The 'broken' sheet: &{template:5eDefault} {{character_name=@{Joe Momma|character_name}}} {{title=@{Joe Momma|meleeweaponname1}}} {{subheader=@{Joe Momma|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Melee attack}} {{weapon=1}} {{simple=1}} {{rollname=Attack}} {{roll1=[[ 1d20cs>@{Joe Momma|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Joe Momma|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Joe Momma|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]]}} {{weapondamage=[[@{Joe Momma|meleedmg1} + [[@{Joe Momma|meleedmgbonus1}]] + [[(@{Joe Momma|global_melee_damage_bonus})]] ]] @{Joe Momma|meleedmgtype1}}} {{weaponcritdamage=Additional [[@{Joe Momma|meleecritdmg1}]] damage}} @{Joe Momma|classactionmeleeweapon}} @{Joe Momma|ro_melee1} @{Joe Momma|classactionmeleeweapon} The working sheet:  &{template:5eDefault} {{character_name=@{Syndar|character_name}}} {{title=@{Syndar|meleeweaponname1}}} {{subheader=@{Syndar|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Melee attack}} {{weapon=1}} {{simple=1}} {{rollname=Attack}} {{roll1=[[ 1d20cs>@{Syndar|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Syndar|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Syndar|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]]}} {{weapondamage=[[@{Syndar|meleedmg1} + [[@{Syndar|meleedmgbonus1}]] + [[(@{Syndar|global_melee_damage_bonus})]] ]] @{Syndar|meleedmgtype1}}} {{weaponcritdamage=Additional [[@{Syndar|meleecritdmg1}]] damage}} @{Syndar|classactionmeleeweapon}} @{Syndar|ro_melee1} @{Syndar|classactionmeleeweapon} Note; I wasted a crit on the second roll.  I hope it was not in vain.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'm glad you were able to find a solution. The nonfunctioning sheet likely either had a field that was left blank, or a duplicate Attribute with an invalid value.