Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] SheetChangeTracker

Edited 1519826783
Hello everyone! This is a re-post. With one missclick I deleted my previous post, with lots of feedback and 800+ views... hope I can get it restored somehow. in the mean time I made this re-post. My second script is here - it tracks changes to the character sheets. this allows to correct mistakes, or even detect attempts at cheating. How many times have I changed a value on a sheet via missclicks - and then... wait, what was the value again? What about the players changing stuff on the sheet that they should not? Specially beginners can do that easily. And asking players to change something on their sheet mid-session might seem like a good idea - but but then not being sure if they did it right irks you? Well, SheetChangeTracker comes to the rescue! I think installing and using this script is all pretty simple (unlike my first script *shudders*). Hope it adds to your gaming sessions :) # Author and current Version: * author: gui8312 * version: v1.4 # Functionality information: * it will detect all changes in a character sheet. * it will send messages that make it clear what sheet was changed and what specific attributes were changed. * this script has a default behaviour where it switches between two modes of operation automatically. You can also choose which mode to use, if you want to use only one of them. * mode 1: if one of the GMs is online it will switch to "game session mode". the messages sent about sheet changes will be hidden from players and will be short and concise to avoid spamming the chat too much for the GM. they will have a yellow background. * mode 2: if no GM is online it will switch to "in-between sessions mode". the messages will be visible to everyone, all the players and GMs. they will explain that a change was detected and ask to undo it, if player lacks permission from the GM for these changes. These messages will be orange. * with the command !ON_OFF_SheetChangeTracker the script can be paused. To resume tracking send the command again. * you can look up all tracking done in the past by checking the chat archive: launch your game and at the top of the chat click "View all chat entries for this game »". you can use ctrl+f to find the word "golly", it automatically finds the messages that concern a player changing things while you were offline. * note on the chat archive: no matter if you use this script or not, the chat archive can become so huge that it is not possible to load anymore. to keep the chat archive acessible over time, you should save the chat archive on your PC and then clean the chat archive every once in a while. You can save the chat log before erasing it, by opening the chat archive and copying all its content to a text file you save on your PC. It can be erased on game page under settings, right above the option to erase game - please be careful not to erase your own game, read the confirmation box that pops-up. # Optional Settings * it is possible to stop specific attributes from being tracked. * you can also force the script to only provide concise messages, so mode 1 is always on, no matter who is online. * the message output in mode 2 is personalizable too. # Formatting information: * here are the default messages that will be output: * mode 1: /w gm :::: char name - "[character name]" :::: attribute changed - "[attribute name]" :::: original value (current/max) - "[old value current]"/"[old value max]" :::: changed value (current/max) - "[new value current]"/"[new value max]" :::: * mode 2 : /em Golly, a character sheet change was detected! If GM gave you permission, its all good. If not, change it back please. \n /em Char name - "[character name]" \n /em Attribute changed - "[attribute name]" \n /em Original value (current/max) - "[old value current]"/"[old value max]" \n /em Changed value (current/max) - "[new value current]"/"[new value max]" # Install instructions for default behaviour: 1. add API to library - this means create a New Script, paste in all the code, save script 2. open the campaign - launch the game on roll20 3. Wait 1 minute (for API sandbox to have time to load for sure) and then send into chat the following text: !get_every_id_sheet_tracker 4. note down the IDs of all the GMs. Not of all the players, only of the GMs. This includes the ID of the creator. 5. add the ID of the GMs to the settings within the API code. only up to 4 GMs is allowed. 6. save script again. 7. script is ready to use! 8. keep GM id updated over time: if you change who the GM is in your campaign, you need to update the script's settings. # Link to the script: <a href="https://gist.github.com/gui8311/aac68f3b6f96dacce8" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/gui8311/aac68f3b6f96dacce8</a>... # Feedback and Questions: If you have questions or feedback, post it on this post or create a new post for it and add [SheetChangeTracker] to the post title, so it is easier to find for me. Any questions, suggestions or bug reports are appreciated! :) # Changelog **v1.0 * release **v1.1 * added more robust error prevention code * more extensive testing done for 5E OGL sheet **v1.2 * script now detects changes on all values in a character sheet - no exceptions. * stability fix, limiting allowed types for chat variables. **v1.3 * added optional settings: ability to stop traking specific attributes * added !ON_OFF_SheetChangeTracker command, allowing for pausing of script * modified the way messages are output, allowing for good formatting for entries with line breaks (like bigger texts describing the backstory of a character, with multiple paragraphs) **v1.3.1 * changed the output message validity check which was crashing the API sandbox upon creating a new character sheet. **v1.3.2 * fixed a problem with identifying if GMs are online **v1.4 * added the possibility to change mode 2 output message (under optional settings). * added the possibility to disable mode 2 (under optional settings). # Tags sheet change tracker Sheetchangetracker SheetChangeTracker API gui8312 ps: and yes I do see the irony of a script intended to avoid the consequences of missclicks having it's original forum post deleted via a missclick.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Restored the&nbsp; original for you, will close this one