Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ammo Tracking in the 5eShaped Sheet

This probably comes up a lot (and I'm sorry!), but I can't get resource tracking to work in the Shaped Sheet. I'm fairly new to the idea of all of this, but I've been following the instructions as best I can. However when I click to use a bow for example, the text output in the chat does say one fewer arrows than the arrows slot has, but I was expecting that the arrows slot on the sheet decreased by one also. I did notice when I went onto the API page after trying this, the following message appears: "5eShapedCompanion 1519943178298 ERROR : No ammo attribute found corresponding to name Arrows" That seems pretty straightforward about what the problem is, but I have no idea how or where I'd go to fix that. I couldn't seem to get it to work for spells either (and I assume in theory you could get it to work for torches etc too, but I've not tried it). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you remove all ammo and then drop any bow (shortbow, longbow) on the offense table (or anywhere if you're using 16.X.X) then ammo will automatically be added and automatically setup. Capitalization matters so perhaps that is the current issue that you're encountering. Spells works last I played. If you're experiencing otherwise the best place to raise an issue is on my issue tracker which is linked from  [5e Shaped Script] Version 11+
Thanks, I’ll give that a go tomorrow.  Am I best off removing all ammo for everyone?  And I guess this is a silly question, but my assumption is that I have to have the correct sheet on, install the API as per the instructions and mark the correct check boxes in the settings page and try the above instructions and it should be good to go. I’m trying to follow and understand the instructions as I go - so you getting back to me is a Godsend!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just try it on one character and see if it works. Make sure you're using the latest API (See the thread I linked), not the super old version on Roll20. If you have the API installed and have "Automatically use ammo" checked then it should work without issue.
Thanks. I’ll give it a try later on. 
Works really well. Thanks