Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Whisper rolls appearing as public rolls.

I cannot figure out why my goblin npc attacks as a public roll even though all the settings are on whisper. The goblin commando has the same settings and his rolls are whispered. Both are being rolled off the standard pathfinder sheet. I would just redo the goblin and forget about it but Ive had a couple whisper rolls pop as on public in other areas so i want to figure out if its something I'm doing.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Are you rolling the goblin's attacks from the pc section?
NPC section for sure. Just went and double checked it. It looks like all of the goblins rolls appear as public rolls even though all the setting are on whisper.
Well i remade the goblin and it went away so i guess ill chalk it up to some characters still being buggy from having switched the settings from public to gm whisper npc rolls.
I have a hunch, when you made the sheet, did you by chance change the setting, then click away, then change it to whisper? because, if not, it could be a simple "Null Ref" bug, in which it searches for the variable to tell it "is whisper?" and finds nothing, so it simply changes nothing, this, not adding the "/w gm" (which is specifically what it adds btw, not joking, you can find it in the community 5th edition sheet on the 3rd tap, switch it to a NPC, that's 1 variable, then change the NPC stuff to everyone, then click away, then change it to GM only, the clicking away is important , then chect the Attributes & Abilities section, sure enough "/w gm" is the variable) This also leaves a very OBVIOUS vulnerability in your secretive rolls, you need to add "/w gm" to every line! for example: this entire line will get whispered to the GM no matter how long I make it, no matter how much I type, I could even end up finding some kind of upper limit on the Parser and crash something, but this entire line will still be but a single super long Whisper to the GM this is in Public view, it didn't start with /w gm /w gm this line however is hidden! do you see what I mean? the "Whisper everything to the GM" setting works, until you submit a new line (Carriage Return, New Line, or Both, doesn't matter if it's via Enter Button or Not, although, I do notice that this Site is apparently built without Carriage Returns! meaning this is either a Unix/iOS format, not Windows) for any future problems, first ensure this protocol is tested FIRST
Blue64 said: ... made the sheet, did you by chance change the setting, then click away, then change it to whisper? ... Sry this parts a little vaugue I'm not sure im following you here. "Change (the setting)" [what setting on what] .... "change (pronoun) to whisper?" [change what to whisper] sry theres just so many setting and whisper settings you could be referring to im not sure which youre referring too. Again I remade the goblin and saw that I had two sheets that looked exactly the same in all fields yet one rolled public and one whispered. Also like i mentioned I used to have the rolls set to all public and switched them (in the main game settings) to whisper gm and I suspect that it left some sort of bug behind. Thanks for the feedback! Like I said I already solved the problem by remaking the sheet but this is just in the spirit of troubleshooting for the next guy.