Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Official Pathfinder Character Sheet 1.22

Natha said: [observer] Willrune said: results in " No attribute was found for @{Valeros |(strength_oneandahalf)_mod} ". PS: the attributes for half STR mod and 1.5*STR mod do exist on the sheet : @{character-name|strength_half_mod} @{character-name|strength_oneandahalf_mod} I saw that those attributes, unfortunately, referencing them directly isn't what I was aiming for here. I was attempting a quick pass at building the attribute reference on the fly by using one attribute to build a reference to another attribute. The character sheet select box provides only part of the identifier and none of the value of the ability modifier. As far as I can tell, something like this: @{@{repeating_attacks_$id_dmgattr}_mod} is not possible. From here, it probably feeds into your response other response, which I will reply to shortly.
Natha said: [observer] Willrune said: [FEATURE REQUEST] My suggestion to tackle this would have to be a hidden computed field. (...) [FEATURE REQUEST] a hidden field for ability modifiers. (...) If there is an existing solution for resolving critical damage dice or ability modifiers, please let me know! I must say, I fail to see the point of reproducing the exact sheet's attacks mechanics in personal macros? I would think: either define an attack on the sheet and use it from the sheet or with a macro calling the roll/ability (%{repeating_attacks_...}), or, if the sheet mechanics don't answer your needs (which is totally possible and understandable), use the roll template for a totally custom macro, but then you would/can define your own formulas in the macro for mods, dice etc. Can you clarify the need for this macro? But we have a different problem... what about things like two handed weapons of off hand weapons that can use DEX? There is no modifier for that. Agile enchanted weapons and Unchained Rogues are the first things that come to mind. Though I suppose that is a problem for another time. Good point. 1/2 DEX and 1.5*DEX should be in the list of damage stat modifiers. Noted for a future update. Thanks. I'm a big fan of a concept in programming refereed to as DRY, Don't Repeat Yourself, or in this case, don't repeat Roll20. Someone has already put the hard work in to make it work, so my aim is to leverage that and create something that is easy to maintain. In this case my goal was to create an macro for two weapon fighting that would honor the character sheet and could be shared easily without modification. The reason for the no modification part is both portability and not everyone who is comfortable making macros is comfortable working on templates. A level 16+ fighter has 4 attacks in a full attack action. Assuming he has Greater Two Weapon Fighting, he can use his off hand weapon on three of those attacks. Two times with Improved Two Weapon Fighting, and only one time with the first Two Weapon Fighting feat. Even less common is the Dual Strike  Weapon Trick that can allow a single off hand attack in a Standard Action. The fourth attack would not take a two weapon fighting penalty because you are only attacking with one hand. The same could be said for an extra attack at full base attack bonus from a speed weapon or haste. For haste or speed, you could simply use a single attack template and then call the normal/non-hasted two weapon fighting full attack macro from a container macro. PC templates are limited to 4 attacks, so this macro would need to be broken up into multiple template calls. The first template would include things like the character name, the attack name, and the attack vs information. The last template call would include notes and descriptions (if the checkbox is checked) because there is no reason to repeat these fields in every template. You would just clutter the chat really quickly. So far I've only felt limited by: values obtained from SELECT boxes / drop down lists (both related to attacks and otherwise) instances where values are not the same as localization keys automating critical damage If we are talking a macro with templates just for my use, even if they take a little more work to update and reuse across multiple characters, I absolutely have what I need to get the job done. I don't know what kind of additional latency my requests would introduce should they be implemented, but for the sake of sharing this macro without having roll20 needing to support two weapon fighting in every character character sheet, I was hoping to take it as far as possible! At this point I think I will stop pursuing it and see how the character sheet evolves on its own. I learned a lot in the process and identified a number of things for a future patch that were actual bugs. All in all, I'm pleased with how far I made it with your new character sheet I appreciate your help and the help I've received from other community members in this thread.
I hate to ask what may seem like a really dumb question, but I have been searching through the discussion so far and have not found any mention of it -- does the PCGenPFImport script work with the new official pathfinder character sheet?

Edited 1523390998
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joe M. said: I hate to ask what may seem like a really dumb question, but I have been searching through the discussion so far and have not found any mention of it -- does the PCGenPFImport script work with the new official pathfinder character sheet? I must say I've never used this script but the answer is probably no, because every sheet as its own set of attributes and repeating sections. So if this script was coded specifically for one of the PF community sheets, it won't be compatible with the Official sheet.
I must say I've never used this script but the answer is probably no, That's what I figured. It's a pity, because the main reason I went to a pro subscription was to be able to use this script to import PCGen characters into the pathfinder character sheet. I'm thrilled about the official pathfinder integration though. Hopefully someone updates the script to work with the new official sheets.
So I found a bug, that might or might not be known. It doesn't seem like the current version of the sheet is factoring in ACP for armor, at least with NPCs. I set up the ACP pentalty as a negative number (e.g. -3) in the armor's ACP box in the equipment tab, set it as armor, recalculated the sheet and it doesn't apply the pentalty to ACP checks like Swim and Climb.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jake W. said: So I found a bug, that might or might not be known. It doesn't seem like the current version of the sheet is factoring in ACP for armor, at least with NPCs. I set up the ACP pentalty as a negative number (e.g. -3) in the armor's ACP box in the equipment tab, set it as armor, recalculated the sheet and it doesn't apply the pentalty to ACP checks like Swim and Climb. I may be wrong but as you mentioned "Equipment tab" and "Recalculated the sheet", I wonder if you are talking about the PF Community/Neceros sheet and not about the Official Sheet? In that case, this may be the wrong topic :)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Mods can not move individual posts between threads at this time, we can only delete them)
I feel very dumb, yes I did mean the community sheet, sorry!
Good day Are there any plans to add support for metres and kilograms?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike V. said: Good day Are there any plans to add support for metres and kilograms? Hi Mike V. Not for the moment, but your request is noted. Thanks for your feedback.
Is there a problem with the compendium? Some its seem to be missing, such as spell focus (but greater sf is there). Also, when importing monsters, many of the stats are not moved over. When I played last, some 5 month back, I seem to remember that there was a short break on updating the compendium. Has the compendium been abandoned?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: Is there a problem with the compendium? Some its seem to be missing, such as spell focus (but greater sf is there). Also, when importing monsters, many of the stats are not moved over. When I played last, some 5 month back, I seem to remember that there was a short break on updating the compendium. Has the compendium been abandoned? Right, Spell focus is missing! The information will be forwarded to the dev team. Thanks. Concerning Monsters from the compendium, as stated above in this thread by Trivia, the Compendium is in the process of being updated to achieve full NPC creation. Sorry for the inconvenience, meanwhile. Thanks for your feedback.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The Pathfinder Sheet will be updating on Tuesday! Here is what to look for: Release notes for version 1.10 of the PF sheet : * PC sheet: New features & enhancements: - Conditions: applicable from the sheet. Most conditions have automatic mechanical effects on applicable stats and rolls. - Half and one-and-half DEX added to selectable damage bonuses in Weapons / Attacks - Notes field added to Gear items * PC sheet: bug fixes: - Long AC Items notes don't break layout anymore - CMD calculation now includes applicable bonus from AC Items - CMD now accounts for second AC ability - Titles/tooltips (attribute names) fixes - DEX penalty applies to Flat-footed AC Apologies for posting this a bit early, but I'm moving this week and wanted to make sure the information came early instead of late :)  Thank you all again for your feedback!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Conditions! Thanks for the update.
Happy with the addition of conditions. Does it work for npc sheet?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: Happy with the addition of conditions. Does it work for npc sheet? Sorry to say no (for now). PC only.
First I'd like to say thanks for all the work on this official character sheet, I've been using it in my newest game and we are loving it so far! i was reading through this post and I saw it asked a few times, but I'm not sure if I saw an answer. Are there plans to add customizable buffs to the sheet? I have an alchemist player who says that the "temp attribute" way of dealing with buffs becomes very tedious. It would be perfect If this was done similar to how you've implemented "conditions" , but allowed buffs to be customized of course. keep up the good work! Buffs is the only thing remaining that I'd say I'm dying to get my hands on! I love the recent addition of conditions

Edited 1524759145
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
David H. said: First I'd like to say thanks for all the work on this official character sheet, I've been using it in my newest game and we are loving it so far! i was reading through this post and I saw it asked a few times, but I'm not sure if I saw an answer. Are there plans to add customizable buffs to the sheet? I have an alchemist player who says that the "temp attribute" way of dealing with buffs becomes very tedious. It would be perfect If this was done similar to how you've implemented "conditions" , but allowed buffs to be customized of course. keep up the good work! Buffs is the only thing remaining that I'd say I'm dying to get my hands on! I love the recent addition of conditions Hi David, and thanks for you feedback :) All the requests are noted and studied (and Buffs are already among them, of course). As for a future features list or any ETA, I can't speak in the name of the Powers That Be, but to quote Nolan: "Big philosophical focus of [Roll20] has always been trying to under-promise and over-deliver."
Hey there. First, allow me to say that I love the sheet. Visually very clean and appealing and for a sheet so new, works quite nicely. My biggest question has already been answered, but I'll add it as a support for that request: buffs. I'm poking at the api to fill this need for now, but it would be soooo good once the sheet provides means to buff/debuff. For now, I'll eagerly await future updates for this and continue with other points of feedback. Bug: Adding additional die to any calculation that can trigger crits/fumbles, will lead to a crit on the max value of any die, not only the d20, and similarly a fumble is triggered on a natural 1 on any die. For example: if I have @{repeating_attacks_$0_atkmod} set to +1d2, I will crit half the time, and fumble the other half. Bug: Auto-calculation seems to fail every now and then, especially when updating the classes on the configuration tab. I.e. levels, BAB, saves et cetera fail to propagate through the sheet until other values have been adjusted (or time passes, or some mystic old-gods ritual has been completed). I haven't found a good work-around yet. Request: Maybe a "force recalculate" button would make weird behaviour on the sheet easier to straighten out during the game. Request: It would be good to select the to-hit ability for specific weapons as well, instead of only having the global setting. Currently, I use the attack modifier field to work around this issue when I need to switch a weapon to the non-default ability, e.g. when the global is set to dexterity and I need strength, I'd add [[-@{dexterity-mod}+@{strength-mod}]]. Request: Some additional fields for bonus values would be good to have. I can't find good ways to modify some values, such as: Bonus to damage (all, melee, ranged). Bonus to AC (flatfooted only, touch only). Request: Some global values, such as melee attack, have notes fields. It would be good to be able to have an option to show these for applicable rolls. Right now, it's nicely hidden away and I would rather use them as a way to give myself reminders during the game, like having info about "all melee attacks have these conditional modifiers". Request: Also, a way to have a short overview of conditional modifiers / notes may help to streamline the game. Right now, I either spread notes around where they make sense, and then forget about them when I need them (or continuously keep checking all my cogwheels to ensure I'm not forgetting that one note). Or I just use the traits list for everything and ignore the notes fields. Request: There are several number-only fields where I would like to be able to enter values using macros or roll-calculations. Right now, I can't because while the macro or calculation might effectively end up being a number, what I write into the field is not. It would be good if these fields validate "Is a number" after resolving macro's and roll-calculations. This applies for all "temp" and "misc" fields, AC fields, crit range, spell resistance, spells known/aday, spell-like aday/used, money, and then some more on the NPC sheet. For many of these values, I would like to write a calculation once, and then be able to forget about it during leveling. For example a monks flat wisdom bonus to AC can be set globally, but the level-dependent bonus, not. Request: It would be nice to be able to set the effective caster level for a spell, so that this can be used use in roll-calculations in its effect text (and when setting-up meta-magic). Request: If there would be a effective caster level for spells, it would be good to be able have "prepare as level" as well. Currently preparing meta-magic spells requires duplicating the spell. Request: Having somewhere to add temporary hit points would be good. Request: I wouldn't mind having a way to track ability-damage and negative levels. Ability-drain can be done using temp modifiers, but for damage this is not quite so straight-forward. Negative-levels have multiple effects that can be calculated automatically, so that'd be a bit of quality of life. Visuals: Some fields have headers that copy values from the underlying stat-blocks, such as on the NPC sheet, where the damage is added to the weapon name. When macro/attributes/roll-calculations are added to the weapon damage, these are shown as-is. Not sure if it is easy or even feasible to show the calculated value instead. Context here is that I would want to input level-dependent values in calculations where possible, to avoid having to manually update my sheets in many places (and forgetting some always) at level-up. Also while the buffs are missing, this is how I try to get some of the basic buff details in. Question: I like the option to enable/disable character names and use it happily for token macro's. Since some types of attacks, such as multi-weapon attacks, require a macro to function easily, I've stumbled upon the issue that I cannot easily disable the name output in between subsequent rolls, unless I copy the entire template text into the macro (which quite defeats the purpose). This is of course only a minor thing, but still something I spent way too much time on to find a solution to (because now I'm force to choose between anonymous rolls from the sheet and pretty macro's, or pretty rolls from the sheet and forced GM/character names between rolls in macro's. Should there be a trick I'm not seeing here, I'm open to advice. Okay, long list but still, I'm very happy with the Official Pathfinder Sheet. Keep up the good work! :)

Edited 1524865305
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yerdiss said: Hey there. First, allow me to say that I love the sheet. Visually very clean and appealing and for a sheet so new, works quite nicely. My biggest question has already been answered, but I'll add it as a support for that request: buffs. I'm poking at the api to fill this need for now, but it would be soooo good once the sheet provides means to buff/debuff. For now, I'll eagerly await future updates for this and continue with other points of feedback. Hi Yerdiss. First of all, thanks and thanks for your feedback. >>Bug: Adding additional die to any calculation that can trigger crits/fumbles, will lead to a crit on the max value of any die, not only the d20, and similarly a fumble is triggered on a natural 1 on any die. For example: if I have @{repeating_attacks_$0_atkmod} set to +1d2, I will crit half the time, and fumble the other half. This is due to the way roll template can detect (on not) critical rolls. Not much can be done from the sheet, but I would suggest using +[[1d2]] instead, that should do the trick. >> Bug: Auto-calculation seems to fail every now and then, especially when updating the classes on the configuration tab. I.e. levels, BAB, saves et cetera fail to propagate through the sheet until other values have been adjusted (or time passes, or some mystic old-gods ritual has been completed). I haven't found a good work-around yet. This has been reported a few times before, in v1.07. Some fixes have been done in v1.08 and 1.10, concerning the order in which way the various stats are entered, but no new case since. Very sorry for the inconvenience :( If you can reproduce the problem, we would be very interested in how, and providing a  console long would be really helpfull also. As for propagation, they are almost all asynchronous, meaning that depending on your setup, connection etc. the apparition of the resulting values can vary, but generally in a few ms (so, generaly, barely the time it takes to change fields). If you've got some addons/plugins in your browser (addblocks, keypass), try disabling them, as well as autofill on Firefox etc. (there are several topics on the forum about this kind of trouble). Is everybody in the game group is noting the same? >> Request: Maybe a "force recalculate" button would make weird behaviour on the sheet easier to straighten out during the game. Even if it can be noticeable to see the recalculations in action, it shouldn't prevent use of the sheet, nor produce any bug, so we will focus more on streamlining the calculations, fixing related bugs and identifying the potential problems that would prevent the calculation to run smoothly, rather than add a dedicated button, as it could be less "new user friendly", at least for now. >> Request: It would be good to select the to-hit ability for specific weapons as well, instead of only having the global setting. Currently, I use the attack modifier field to work around this issue when I need to switch a weapon to the non-default ability, e.g. when the global is set to dexterity and I need strength, I'd add [[-@{dexterity-mod}+@{strength-mod}]]. If I get what you're asking, I think you can already do that with the sheet: select BAB full (for example) in the first dropdown list, instead of Melee of Range, and then the desired ability in the second dropdownlist: >> Request: Some additional fields for bonus values would be good to have. I can't find good ways to modify some values, such as: Bonus to damage (all, melee, ranged). Bonus to AC (flatfooted only, touch only). You mean temporary or permanent bonus? For permanent bonus, the idea was to keep as simple as possible, and have just one field for the total value, and use the notes to detail the sources of the various bonuses. For temporary bonus, this request may coincide with the buffs request? >> Request: Some global values, such as melee attack, have notes fields. It would be good to be able to have an option to show these for applicable rolls. Right now, it's nicely hidden away and I would rather use them as a way to give myself reminders during the game, like having info about "all melee attacks have these conditional modifiers". Notes from Melee/Ranged/CMB would be shown as notes in the roll template? >> Request: Also, a way to have a short overview of conditional modifiers / notes may help to streamline the game. Right now, I either spread notes around where they make sense, and then forget about them when I need them (or continuously keep checking all my cogwheels to ensure I'm not forgetting that one note). Or I just use the traits list for everything and ignore the notes fields. What informations should this overview gather, and how do you picture it working (where/how does it show etc.)? >> Request: I wouldn't mind having a way to track ability-damage and negative levels. Ability-drain can be done using temp modifiers, but for damage this is not quite so straight-forward. Negative-levels have multiple effects that can be calculated automatically, so that'd be a bit of quality of life. Have you tested the new "Conditions" in v1.10? There's a condition to enter Enegery Drained levels, applying automatically the related penalties. Here's a gif about that: >> Question: I like the option to enable/disable character names and use it happily for token macro's. Since some types of attacks, such as multi-weapon attacks, require a macro to function easily, I've stumbled upon the issue that I cannot easily disable the name output in between subsequent rolls, unless I copy the entire template text into the macro (which quite defeats the purpose). This is of course only a minor thing, but still something I spent way too much time on to find a solution to (because now I'm force to choose between anonymous rolls from the sheet and pretty macro's, or pretty rolls from the sheet and forced GM/character names between rolls in macro's. Should there be a trick I'm not seeing here, I'm open to advice. Except using macros, I'm sorry to say I don't see any solution to this. >> Okay, long list but still, I'm very happy with the Official Pathfinder Sheet. Keep up the good work! :) Thank you very much. (And of course, the resquests you made, that I did'nt quoted in this post, have been noted and will be reviewed by the team).

Edited 1524865450
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Natha said: Yerdiss said: Hey there. First, allow me to say that I love the sheet. Visually very clean and appealing and for a sheet so new, works quite nicely. My biggest question has already been answered, but I'll add it as a support for that request: buffs. I'm poking at the api to fill this need for now, but it would be soooo good once the sheet provides means to buff/debuff. For now, I'll eagerly await future updates for this and continue with other points of feedback. Hi Yerdiss. First of all, thanks and thanks for your feedback. >>Bug: Adding additional die to any calculation that can trigger crits/fumbles, will lead to a crit on the max value of any die, not only the d20, and similarly a fumble is triggered on a natural 1 on any die. For example: if I have @{repeating_attacks_$0_atkmod} set to +1d2, I will crit half the time, and fumble the other half. This is due to the way roll template can detect (on not) critical rolls. Not much can be done from the sheet, but I would suggest using +[[1d2]] instead, that should do the trick. Another option is to do xdycf<0cs<0

Edited 1524922786
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: Another option is to do xdycf<0cs<0 Right! Personnally, I find the double brackets more "readable" but both would work. Thanks for the reminder Scott :)
Hey, happy to see that the feat "Spell Focus" have been added to the compendium. Is this post the best place to report missing elements? And could you please clarify what elements we can expect from the compendium. As far as I know, it must be OGL, but can we only expect Core Rule Book content, or can we report elements missing from other official releases, such as the Ultimate series and Advanced Players Guide? And finally, is there an update on the progress of creating a better integration of the bestiary. Playing with the new Sheet have improved my experience, so I guess I am just over eager to see the work continue. NB: at the bottom of the wiki frontpage there is a link to the documentation of the new sheet. However, this link is missing from the documentation "sub-page", where only the community sheet is linked (<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Category:Character_Sheet_Documentation" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Category:Character_Sheet_Documentation</a>).
Hello! First of all, nice to see this new sheet. We just used it in our game. It took little to get used to it, and the issues we've found are way less than what we've encountered in other sheets. I've seen the suggestion to add Buffs, or possitive conditions, as recently the "Bad" conditions got added. I do think that's a very handy idea, moreso if it's possible to make a custom one, for example, being the bard of the game and adding it to the rest of the players. The most crippling thing I've found though, was how to add extra attack rolls, such as Two-Weapon Fightning, Rapid Shot, ManyShot, and the likes. What I find odd is that, most of this stuff is doable via the NPC sheet, just clicking the "Multiple Attacks" box. It allows you to place as many as 9 Attack Rolls in a single button, and most of what I wrote above is easily done by just this one option. I would think that's easier to implement rather than something more complex (After all, it's already done for the most part. Only requires the addition of the rest of the conditions such as STR or DEX and the like.) I'll post a screenshot of what I'm able to achieve using the npc sheet, but seems impossible with the PC one. <a href="https://gyazo.com/2c326b66071b38efb56eac02be508a68" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/2c326b66071b38efb56eac02be508a68</a>

Edited 1525214018
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Altra said: Hello! First of all, nice to see this new sheet. We just used it in our game. It took little to get used to it, and the issues we've found are way less than what we've encountered in other sheets. Hi Altra. And thanks for your feedback. The most crippling thing I've found though, was how to add extra attack rolls, such as Two-Weapon Fightning, Rapid Shot, ManyShot, and the likes. What I find odd is that, most of this stuff is doable via the NPC sheet, just clicking the "Multiple Attacks" box. It allows you to place as many as 9 Attack Rolls in a single button, and most of what I wrote above is easily done by just this one option. (...) The background mechanics in PC vs NPC sheets are different. The choice has been made to not have automatic calculations for NPCs' attacks modifiers, because most statblocks (and future compendium update) don't detail how the total modifier for a specific attack was calculated, thus it's easier to let GMs input (or copy/paste) the final modifier rather than have to break it down to what stats are used to attain this total. And, over time, this modifier won't change, as the NPC won't evolve / gain experience, in most cases. So, the multiple attacks of the NPCs are plain and simple: input the final modifiers and it's done. For PCs, the complexity is higher, as we want to offer an easier experience when the relative stats, used to calculate the final modifier(s) for the attack roll, may change over time: increased BAB, ability, other modifiers etc.&nbsp;When an attack is based on BAB, for instance, and BAB is changed, the attack modifier for the PC is automatically recalculated, without player intervention. So, an extra-attacks solution is in study, but we want to try to keep it as streamlined as possible, trying to avoid the need for the player to go back to every attack and manually update the modifiers.&nbsp; In the meantime, you may define every (sub) attacks separately and call them at once with a macro.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Anders said: Hey, happy to see that the feat "Spell Focus" have been added to the compendium. Is this post the best place to report missing elements? And could you please clarify what elements we can expect from the compendium. As far as I know, it must be OGL, but can we only expect Core Rule Book content, or can we report elements missing from other official releases, such as the Ultimate series and Advanced Players Guide? And finally, is there an update on the progress of creating a better integration of the bestiary. Playing with the new Sheet have improved my experience, so I guess I am just over eager to see the work continue. NB: at the bottom of the wiki frontpage there is a link to the documentation of the new sheet. However, this link is missing from the documentation "sub-page", where only the community sheet is linked ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Category:Character_Sheet_Documentation" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Category:Character_Sheet_Documentation</a> ). Hi Anders If there are glaring things missing from the Core Rulebook, please let me know! (Like how we had Greater Spell Focus but not the standard) The other books are a lower priority as far as full integration goes, but we do want to support what we currently have listed from the PRD.&nbsp; The Bestiary is currently being worked on, and full drag-and-drop is on the list for updates. We really appreciate everyone's patience as we get Pathfinder streamlined for the platform. As seasoned players know, the Pathfinder ruleset is a beast and translating it into a VTT format has been a huge undertaking. We are just as excited as you all for better ease of use and all your feedback is extremely helpful in seeing what still needs a bit of work during play.&nbsp; Thank you! Trivia

Edited 1525853781
I have a question about critical damage calculations. It seems the crit damage is displaying the x2 total (ignoring the regular damage).&nbsp; Normally a crit would be something you add on to the normal damage, rather than ignoring the original damage. In this way, it's entirely possible the Critical Damage roll can be worse than the regular damage roll.&nbsp; Was there a goal in mind in doing it this way?&nbsp; The other sheets I've seen just display (Damage * Critical_Multiplier - 1)&nbsp; or (&nbsp; (Number Of Dice*Critical_Multiplier-1)d(Number of dice sides)+(Damage Mod*Critical_Multiplier-1) ) so the players still use the normal damage and just add the crit damage to it.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MarkOfTheDragon said: I have a question about critical damage calculations. It seems the crit damage is displaying the x2 total (ignoring the regular damage).&nbsp; Normally a crit would be something you add on to the normal damage, rather than ignoring the original damage. In this way, it's entirely possible the Critical Damage roll can be worse than the regular damage roll.&nbsp; Was there a goal in mind in doing it this way?&nbsp; The other sheets I've seen just display (Damage * Critical_Multiplier - 1)&nbsp; or (&nbsp; (Number Of Dice*Critical_Multiplier-1)d(Number of dice sides)+(Damage Mod*Critical_Multiplier-1) ) so the players still use the normal damage and just add the crit damage to it. Hi Mark. Thanks for your feedback. The goal was to not have to do the math, and to simulate what could have happened at an IRL table, where you would roll the attack, and then the damage dice (all damage dice at once).&nbsp; So the idea behind that was not "use both damage rolls", but "use one or the other, depending on crit confirm", knowing that IRL, you could do worse with the critical damage than with regular damage, based on sheer luck (or lack of). That said, your request has been noted.
I have a lot of API scripts and want to still be able to run the macros when attacking, casting spells, etc. I also use exploding d20s and was able to accomplish that easily with the old sheet by simply going into the macro and adding the exclamation point. How do I access the macros on this sheet? Can anyone tell me what I am missing, or does the sheet need&nbsp; to be customized? If so I would like any help at all in getting the sheet setup for that!
Two missing feats from the core rules: Scribe Scroll and Spell Penetration (greater version is in)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Anders - Those should be in shortly!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Trivia, I recently posted about missing class tables(core)&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6343512/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6343512/</a> in the PF compendium, but I'm sure it's easy for such posts to go undetected in the deluge of daily forum posts.&nbsp; Is it best to report issues with the PF compendium here or in it's own thread?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Vince, have you checked the class pages lately? ;)
this is super handy thanks!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Trivia said: Vince, have you checked the class pages lately? ;) I will now. ;-P Thanks
Hello! First of all, thanks for the response a few posts above, I didn't want to just write a "thank you" to clutter the post without any other question. Turns out I've got another one! Is there any way to actually add a resource pool? Such as: 1. Ki points for Ninjas/Monks 2. Panache points for Swashbucklers. 3. Grit for Gunslinger. And so on. If there's not a way currently, is it being studied or will it be added? Thank you for your hard work regardless, as I said once, this is an amazing Character Sheet, Compendium and all that goes with it.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Altra said: Hello! First of all, thanks for the response a few posts above, I didn't want to just write a "thank you" to clutter the post without any other question. Turns out I've got another one! Is there any way to actually add a resource pool? Such as: 1. Ki points for Ninjas/Monks 2. Panache points for Swashbucklers. 3. Grit for Gunslinger. And so on. If there's not a way currently, is it being studied or will it be added? Thank you for your hard work regardless, as I said once, this is an amazing Character Sheet, Compendium and all that goes with it. Thank you very much Altra. For Ki pools and such resources, you could use a feature/trait with a number of uses per day filled?
Natha said: Altra said: Hello! First of all, thanks for the response a few posts above, I didn't want to just write a "thank you" to clutter the post without any other question. Turns out I've got another one! Is there any way to actually add a resource pool? Such as: 1. Ki points for Ninjas/Monks 2. Panache points for Swashbucklers. 3. Grit for Gunslinger. And so on. If there's not a way currently, is it being studied or will it be added? Thank you for your hard work regardless, as I said once, this is an amazing Character Sheet, Compendium and all that goes with it. Thank you very much Altra. For Ki pools and such resources, you could use a feature/trait with a number of uses per day filled? Is there a way to read remaining uses to chat (and change them via an API script)?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: Is there a way to read remaining uses to chat (and change them via an API script)? To read the value, you can use: @{character_name|repeating_abilities_$ID_perday} The maximum value would be: @{character_name)|repeating_abilities_$ID_perday|max} &nbsp;$ID being either the number of the item in the traits/features section (starting at zero for the first one) or the real internal id (that you can see when dragging the roll link to the macro bar. Then if you click on the macro button and then hit the up arrow in the chat, you would have an ability roll call with the item id easy to copy/paste: -LCk0cofRF9TW8lcFYNS would be the internal id. As for modifying the value with some API script, yes. With&nbsp; ChatSetAttr for example, I guess.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also Aaron's !ammo script.
Thank you both. Could I also access the number of prepared spells this way? They are not given as numbers, but rather as individual marks.
So, I might be missing something here, but I'm using this sheet in my game and neither me nor my players can get the Class/Level to show up on the sheets. I'm not great at programming, so it honestly could be just that I'm missing something. This is what we're seeing on the sheets: There's also not a tab for spellcasters coming up if the SC box is checked. What is it that I'm doing wrong?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: Thank you both. Could I also access the number of prepared spells this way? They are not given as numbers, but rather as individual marks. The attribute would be @{character|repeating_spell-1_$ID_spellprepared} for a level 1 spell, @{character|repeating_spell-2_$ID_spellprepared} for a level 2 spell etc.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LadyCat said: So, I might be missing something here, but I'm using this sheet in my game and neither me nor my players can get the Class/Level to show up on the sheets. I'm not great at programming, so it honestly could be just that I'm missing something. This is what we're seeing on the sheets: There's also not a tab for spellcasters coming up if the SC box is checked. What is it that I'm doing wrong? Hi LadyCat. Sorry to read that. As far as I can tell, you're not doing anything wrong but it seems that the javascript sheet workers are not doing their job for some reason. Are you using the lastest version or Chrome of Firefox? Do you have any plugins/addons (like an add blocker) that you could deactivate temporarily? If still doesn't work, could you try reloading your campaign, create a new character and start entering data as you did, and provide a&nbsp; console log , please?
LadyCat said: So, I might be missing something here, but I'm using this sheet in my game and neither me nor my players can get the Class/Level to show up on the sheets. I'm not great at programming, so it honestly could be just that I'm missing something. This is what we're seeing on the sheets: There's also not a tab for spellcasters coming up if the SC box is checked. What is it that I'm doing wrong? I too have experienced this, but its seems to correct itself if i TAB into the area I want to edit, write the value and then TAB out. So click where you have written summoner, TAB twice (once for the F check-mark, and once again to go to level), then write the level, and TAB to the next field. This is only needed from time to time, but it happens often enough that I try to remember to do it each time.
Natha said: LadyCat said: So, I might be missing something here, but I'm using this sheet in my game and neither me nor my players can get the Class/Level to show up on the sheets. I'm not great at programming, so it honestly could be just that I'm missing something. This is what we're seeing on the sheets: There's also not a tab for spellcasters coming up if the SC box is checked. What is it that I'm doing wrong? Hi LadyCat. Sorry to read that. As far as I can tell, you're not doing anything wrong but it seems that the javascript sheet workers are not doing their job for some reason. Are you using the lastest version or Chrome of Firefox? Do you have any plugins/addons (like an add blocker) that you could deactivate temporarily? If still doesn't work, could you try reloading your campaign, create a new character and start entering data as you did, and provide a&nbsp; console log , please? Ended up getting it to work. It wouldn't take the information unless you hit "Enter" after everything for some reason. Not sure if that's intended or not. I'm using the latest Chrome and have ad block, but I do have it disabled on r20 for the most part. I did reload the campaign multiple times and the level still wouldn't take unless you went back and added it from level 1 up to level 3 - also not sure if that's intended or not. New character sheets seem to be working as intended. It's just the ones that I had originally given the players access to that seem to be not working properly for some reason. Shouldn't be a huge deal or anything! Thanks for the response :)
Anders said: LadyCat said: So, I might be missing something here, but I'm using this sheet in my game and neither me nor my players can get the Class/Level to show up on the sheets. I'm not great at programming, so it honestly could be just that I'm missing something. This is what we're seeing on the sheets: There's also not a tab for spellcasters coming up if the SC box is checked. What is it that I'm doing wrong? I too have experienced this, but its seems to correct itself if i TAB into the area I want to edit, write the value and then TAB out. So click where you have written summoner, TAB twice (once for the F check-mark, and once again to go to level), then write the level, and TAB to the next field. This is only needed from time to time, but it happens often enough that I try to remember to do it each time. I tried that a few times, reloaded the page, and tried it again. Didn't work unless myself and my players actually hit the "Enter" key after inputting the values and whatnot.