Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game corrupted?

What I thought was a specific API issue seems to be a general 'any API' issue.  I've tested with multiple API's and I cannot seem to get the config window to appear in chat, nor can I get them to respond to most any command I put in the chat.  I have deleted all of the API's and added one or two and test them with no success.  I made a copy of the game and the copied game yields the same result.  I am using the Tomb of Annihilation game pack and if I create a brand new game, it does work.  So, I assume it is something within this specific game.  Is there a way to troubleshoot this or even just reset to default settings?
Is it only API commands that are failing? What about other chat messages, whispers, rolls, etc.? It might be beneficial for you to clear the chat archive in the Game Settings (outside the VTT).
Seems specific to API commands, whispers and rolls and even macros for tables work fine.  I deleted the chat history and no luck - API commands for help/config/whatever are not displaying in chat.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
What APIs are you using? Is it spitting out any errors or just nothing?
I'm using a variety - Roll20AM, TokenMod, GroupCheck, GroupInitiative, Turnmarker.  Any command I put into the chat (!tm --config) does not work.  No errors in the API section.

Edited 1520546263
as someone with 1400+ hours on my current game, this sounds disconcerting... interested to see what comes out of this! do you have previous backups? maybe you can pinpoint when this started? another possibility: maybe one of the two APIs you used to test is the source of the problem? are you using APIs you built yourself too? what APIs did you use for testing?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try disabling or removing all the API scripts you have, then add just this API script and save (while logged into the game), post the results you get in the API console here: on('ready',()=>log(state));
Here you go, this is with everything disabled. Spinning up new sandbox... {"GroupInitiative":{"version":1.1,"bonusStatGroups":[[{"attribute":"initiative_bonus"}]],"savedTurnOrders":{},"config":{"rollType":"Individual-Roll","replaceRoll":false,"dieSize":20,"diceCount":1,"maxDecimal":1,"diceCountAttribute":"","autoOpenInit":true,"sortOption":"None","announcer":"Partial"}},"TurnMarker":{"version":1.17,"announceRounds":true,"announceTurnChange":true,"announcePlayerInTurnAnnounce":true,"announcePlayerInTurnAnnounceSize":"100%","autoPull":"none","autoskipHidden":true,"tokenName":"Round","tokenURL":"<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/4095816/086YSl3v0Kz3SlDAu245Vg/thumb.png?1400535580&quot;,&quot;playAnimations&quot;:false,&quot;rotation&quot;:false,&quot;animationSpeed&quot;:5,&quot;scale&quot;:1.7,&quot;aura1&quot;:{&quot;pulse&quot;:false,&quot;size&quot;:5,&quot;color&quot;:&quot;#ff00ff&quot;},&quot;aura2&quot;:{&quot;pulse&quot;:false,&quot;size&quot;:5,&quot;color&quot;:&quot;#00ff00&quot;}},&quot;groupCheck&quot;:{&quot;checkList&quot;:{&quot;Strength" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/4095816/086YSl3v0Kz3SlDAu245Vg/thumb.png?1400535580","playAnimations":false,"rotation":false,"animationSpeed":5,"scale":1.7,"aura1":{"pulse":false,"size":5,"color":"#ff00ff"},"aura2":{"pulse":false,"size":5,"color":"#00ff00"}},"groupCheck":{"checkList":{"Strength</a> Save":{"name":"Strength Saving Throw","formula":"[[d20 + (%strength_save_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_str_save%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Dexterity Save":{"name":"Dexterity Saving Throw","formula":"[[d20 + (%dexterity_save_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_dex_save%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Constitution Save":{"name":"Constitution Saving Throw","formula":"[[d20 + (%constitution_save_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_con_save%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Intelligence Save":{"name":"Intelligence Saving Throw","formula":"[[d20 + (%intelligence_save_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_int_save%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Wisdom Save":{"name":"Wisdom Saving Throw","formula":"[[d20 + (%wisdom_save_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_wis_save%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Charisma Save":{"name":"Charisma Saving Throw","formula":"[[d20 + (%charisma_save_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_cha_save%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Strength Check":{"name":"Strength Check","formula":"[[d20 + %strength_mod%]]"},"Dexterity Check":{"name":"Dexterity Check","formula":"[[d20 + %dexterity_mod%]]"},"Constitution Check":{"name":"Constitution Check","formula":"[[d20 + %constitution_mod%]]"},"Intelligence Check":{"name":"Intelligence Check","formula":"[[d20 + %intelligence_mod%]]"},"Wisdom Check":{"name":"Wisdom Check","formula":"[[d20 + %wisdom_mod%]]"},"Charisma Check":{"name":"Charisma Check","formula":"[[d20 + %charisma_mod%]]"},"Acrobatics":{"name":"Dexterity (Acrobatics) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%acrobatics_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_acrobatics%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Animal Handling":{"name":"Wisdom (Animal Handling) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%animal_handling_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_animal_handling%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Arcana":{"name":"Intelligence (Arcana) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%arcana_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_arcana%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Athletics":{"name":"Strength (Athletics) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%athletics_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_athletics%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Deception":{"name":"Charisma (Deception) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%deception_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_deception%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"History":{"name":"Intelligence (History) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%history_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_history%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Insight":{"name":"Wisdom (Insight) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%insight_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_insight%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Intimidation":{"name":"Charisma (Intimidation) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%intimidation_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_intimidation%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Investigation":{"name":"Intelligence (Investigation) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%investigation_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_investigation%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Medicine":{"name":"Wisdom (Medicine) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%medicine_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_medicine%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Nature":{"name":"Intelligence (Nature) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%nature_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_nature%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Perception":{"name":"Wisdom (Perception) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%perception_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_perception%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Performance":{"name":"Charisma (Performance) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%performance_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_performance%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Persuasion":{"name":"Charisma (Persuasion) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%persuasion_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_persuasion%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Religion":{"name":"Intelligence (Religion) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%religion_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_religion%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Sleight of Hand":{"name":"Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%sleight_of_hand_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_sleight_of_hand%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Stealth":{"name":"Dexterity (Stealth) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%stealth_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_stealth%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"Survival":{"name":"Wisdom (Survival) Check","formula":"[[d20 + (%survival_bonus%%pbd_safe%*(1-%npc%)) [PC] + (%npc_survival%*%npc%) [NPC]]]"},"AC":{"name":"Armor Class","formula":"[[%AC%]]"}},"options":{"ro":"roll1","die_adv":"2d20kh1","die_dis":"2d20kl1","whisper":false,"hideformula":false,"usetokenname":true,"showpicture":true,"process":false},"version":6,"importInfo":"5E-OGL","dataVersion":5},"StatusFX":{"tokens":{"-Kq5ibcqFxXVv8hUpU1_":{"statuses":["red"],"index":0},"-Kx4F146rqP1m2mYXBe6":{"statuses":["red"],"index":0},"-Kq5ikJwvklqlQMHUy2Z":{"statuses":["chained-heart"],"index":0},"-Kq5iklCkOpaG4m-joMX":{"statuses":["skull"],"index":0},"-KpazpKTisJbXwIEpyDW":{"statuses":["dead"],"index":0},"-Kpazj3pA8TTtwv_99E0":{"statuses":["dead"],"index":0},"-KpazhFVhzs7WU97gJ8X":{"statuses":["dead"],"index":0},"-Kpazk8nlkyabr6Qmr-9":{"statuses":["dead"],"index":0},"-Kyl5iyNEoP3A1a6ZtGM":{"statuses":["sleepy"],"index":0},"-KpbBBVMXvPo1P5ONCSN":{"statuses":["interdiction"],"index":0}},"fx":{"dead":{"name":"splatter-blood","direction":[1,-2]},"skull":{"name":"splatter-blood","direction":[1,-2]}},"interval":"1000"},"Roll20AM":{"trackDetails":{"-KuUg-6xPcWj2jWw4Ghk":{"volume":11.560000000000002},"-KuUg3agFEbIgC3EuP1A":{"volume":25},"-KuUg9OnDfYG9DgU_vw2":{"volume":30},"-KuUgF6Aw8aQHvavCr1G":{"volume":20.25},"-KuUgKkJv9Q5GPGBvn93":{"volume":30},"-KuUgRgTXg13wrDrFL9q":{"volume":30},"-KuUgdWIvPZvpjCNdoPx":{"volume":30},"-KuUggzPNYLZxvf9Cyl8":{"volume":10.89},"-KuUgs9Ox_QCUcxOkJC9":{"volume":30},"-L46okaSt_meFpEMz-nE":{"volume":7.840000000000001},"-L46op4SNJWiGbGg2Fwx":{"volume":30},"-L5VvN1AT_qHEKXGM7ru":{"volume":0},"-L5VveSCR3Nehc2FQfrr":{"volume":30},"-L5VvuEzr_YFnt75GsdJ":{"volume":30},"-L5VxR-oX0hbxGZgIasG":{"volume":30},"-L5Vxl4mmXZQCs2I__NJ":{"volume":30},"-L5Vxp_y1p7MxUCG6IuK":{"volume":30},"-L5Vy1BrmMVnZ-LgjBJt":{"volume":17.639999999999997},"-L5Vy5WFC5P49WH4u5Hr":{"volume":10.89},"-L5Vy8cG-G_1f7SmCN0h":{"volume":1.44},"-L5VybF05Qg3utHvpV5E":{"volume":29.160000000000004},"-L5Vylu8DzR_QaXRowK7":{"volume":30},"-L5Vyx_edyKpCyaGcsD1":{"volume":31.360000000000003},"-L5Vz7HCMQo0lbbdO12T":{"volume":30},"-L5WD9kND-A5rX89etcb":{"volume":30},"-L5WzrmlY3xBvi7CsYnj":{"volume":40.96},"-L5WzsNsb-sPUXnUsBou":{"volume":9.610000000000001},"-L5X6Diia-EY9h4zTu7i":{"volume":33.64},"-L6dr19owKO8-kKjR0Zh":{"volume":9},"-L6e5AhY_OiMVHVVyh6G":{"volume":12.249999999999998},"-L6e93r9F-vyB89bDNTX":{"volume":30},"-L6eAUQIAB9qVsd6zp9v":{"volume":13.69},"-L6eTDa5g4i5weN9vOSX":{"volume":29.160000000000004},"-L6ljR_8Ey3kNHFsyv4Y":{"volume":34.809999999999995},"-L6m1YQXFr-i8MI79oz1":{"volume":1.44},"-L6m4SS1hLPYiIF3bcHc":{"volume":30},"-L6m4Yac6IxvhH9OjW-E":{"volume":30},"-L6md6ZmamyW15yRYB3y":{"volume":30}},"playLists":{},"masterVolume":1,"restrict":"on","API":"gm","tag":"-players-","help":"-L75HjwoQtfPcnL8v9V8"},"CRL":{"version":1,"help":"-L752j_juDHdLUP4ns7Y","listen":"on"},"TokenMod":{"version":0.3,"globalconfigCache":{"lastsaved":0},"playersCanUse_ids":false}}
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Is there someone else in your game named Matt?&nbsp; Try changing your in-game name to something completely different and see if they work?
I have my Display name set to my character's name and passive perception in parenthesis so it's pretty unique:&nbsp; Baka (16)
Have you tried making a fresh copy of the game and reinstall the scripts?
The end result was creating a new game and transferring over the PCs using the transmogrifier.&nbsp; Copying the game yielded the same results.