Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [D&D5e] [GMT] Mature player, new to Roll 20 and 5e seeking group

Hi, I'm a mature player seeking a group to play D&D 5th edition. I've played 3.5e a few times in real life and found it to be very enjoyable. I used to attend a weekly roleplaying group in Cardiff which went through a lot of systems as it was the idea of the group that people took turns to DM and adventures only lasted a month or two. I can be available Friday, Saturday or Sunday evenings/nights, and Sunday during the day. I would ideally like a group who are patient with people learning Roll 20 as well as 5e. I'm keen to play either a warlock or a tempest domain cleric. Matt.
Hi Matt, I too am new to Roll20 and only have a little experience with 5e. I would be interested in joining a group you put together if it is on a Sunday as that is my best day for scheduling. I'm an experienced rpg tabletop player when in person. Be open to playing any character type as I've primarily played fighters before and am willing to try something new. I have DM a little but want to be a player for my first time through Roll20. Thanks, Randi
I’d love to join as I’m new as well. Here is my info.  Name: David TIME: Eastern: Looking for evening times Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. TYPES OF GAMES: 18+ that like to have fun laughing and playing. Harkner (LvL 1 Dwarf Barbarian) Found by a clan of nomad barbarians as a young dwarf he was raised by Klarth, the clan leader and his mate. Klarth told Harkner that he was found on a mountain pass as the clan made their way farther north one summer. They came across what looked like a dwarven camp that had been beset by orcs as there were many more orc bodies than dwarven bodies. They found him under the body of a dwarven maid in full battle armor. Once he was of age Harkner set out to uncover his origins and hunt orcs whenever possible. Kuraki Lynith (LvL 1 Half Elf Warlock) BACKGROUND: He and his companions were hunting the forest one night when they were attacked by a party of drow warriors. Kuraki was taken as a slave along with two of his other companions. As a slave to the drow he was able to make a pact with a Fiend in order to escape. He was the only one to escape alive and since his arrival back to the surface; he has dedicated his like to keeping the land free of evil. ABOUT ME: I am a 39 year old high school Spanish teacher. I fell in love with fantasy worlds when I was about 14 years old. I have read so many series that I should probably reread all that I read when I was young. I have always wanted to try my hand at D&D but did not know really how to go about it. Now though I have finally been able to sit down and really delve in the game.
Hello, This sounds like a great game, and I would love to play with you folks. I am a older player and I love games that are darker and have good Role-play elements. I tend to favor, Warriors & Rogues as classes, but I have played most of them at one time or another. About me: I am a 51 year old Operations Assistant for a local water agency in my area. I have been playing DnD since the mid 80's, but I have been on a break from gaming for several years. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle and having some fun.

Edited 1521244989
If you three are around tomorrow let me know. I'd like to run a session zero to see how we get along. I'm happy to run for 2, but would prefer 4.
41 yr-old here, Started with 2nd edition and into 5E now.  Would love to join you guys for games.  Anyone interested in starting a discord channel?
I am available starting in the late afternoon. I have to work during the morning this week.  I'm good starting 3-4 Mountain Standard Time to try to get together.
Randi T. said:  3-4 Mountain Standard Time Found the dwarf! ;-) So long as we can get at least one other at that time also then we can do sessions in parts if needed. 
Uriel said: Anyone interested in starting a discord channel? I'll look into doing so when I'm on my PC. 
I would also like to join this group of older members (40+); as a player or DM. Sunday afternoon or evening (PST) would be better for me. PM/DM me on Roll20 or Discord. Discord: Jay#5730

Edited 1521271651
Hi By-Tor, the game is primarily going to be GMT. I'll ask the group for agreement on the best time on Sunday, but it's unlikely that I'll be playing late enough to accommodate PST. 
Anyone free to do a session zero today (starting about an hour from now, 11:30, until later) send me a PM and I'll throw you an invite to the discord and game. Come with loose character concepts because there will be some restrictions. 
Although I am a mere fledgling in comparison to the average in this group, I would like to join aswell. I am 34 years of age, been playing for close to 23 years mostly AD&D and homebrews, I have been looking for a sunday opportunity for a while. I can play almost anything and have few preferences, very much still learning to use R20, and have only recently gotten into 5E, but my appetetite is Tarrasque-like.
Not sure what skill level you're looking for but I'm completely new to D&D but have been wanting to play for a while (I'm currently watching critical role on youtube which has me even more interested). I'm GMT +3 and anytime Sunday works. Seems like this might be a game for more seasoned players though looking at the posts.
Ozu said: Seems like this might be a game for more seasoned players though looking at the posts. Only 'seasoned' in terms of years passed (and maybe salt and pepper, if you know what I mean). I'll pop you a quick PM and we can talk, I'm very much new to R20 and Discord so I would probably benefit from people who're also new!
If there's anyone else in the GMT time-zone who is free for Sunday play and who is free now for a session zero... well, PM me and we can get you involved. I am interested in new players, primarily, but mature people.
Let's get it! Join the campaign; there will be punch and pie, maybe, possibly, not likely, definitely not....ok, no punch and pie but fun times!
Hi. sounds like a great chat group!   I'm 50+ and GMT+1    interested in playing in mature group, and with pretty much Core 5e rules. I can DM if it's core rules and low level... but prefer to play.  Have several years of experience with AD&D/2e then a bit with 5e live and roll20. Saturday or sunday evenings (after 5 pm).  Flexible on class etc. Just want some d&d fun without teens! 
5e I've dm:ed live : lost mine of phandelver, princes of the apocolypse and some homebrew. dm:ed Roll20 Curse of Strahd played: not yet!

Edited 1521313845
I spoke to Matthew over PM, but for everyone else...I'd be interested in playing but might have to skip the first session or two (it depends on when we start) if I'm accepted. I'm 42, Brit but live in Finland, so GMT+2. I'm really quite new, dabbled with games in the past but very inexperienced (and confused). So, I'd need help with character creation and also playing in general. Don't know if that's a problem.  Sunday evening would be good for me too. Maybe Friday or Saturday also, it depends on how long we play for. 
Im a mature 5e player. Please drop me a message if you are interested! :)