Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about setting up Paypal for Marketplace Content Creators

Erik S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The "Become a Creator" FAQ says: "All payments are issued via PayPal and a valid PayPal email is required." I am setting up a Paypal account now for this, but the FAQ does not specify whether I should setup a "Personal" or "Business" Paypal account. My instincts say "Business", but I want to double check and make sure. Does it matter, or should it be one or the other?
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Personal is good enough for this, not 100% sure about the difference but i know with a business account you can receive credit card paymants (from people without paypal)
Erik S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thank you.
Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Buisness also has different fees; as I understand it, business is really just for people taking quite large payments each month. I've been on "personal" for almost four years now, and just did my taxes for this year with no problems. Never hit the fee ceiling. (I'm a US based LLC as far as PayPal and the guvmint are concerned.)
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Go with Personal, Erik. Fees aside, the business account is truly aimed at businesses who operate under a company/group name and have extra tools for employees and so on.