Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advantage/Dis API or Macro

Hey everyone, I played in a game a while back where the DM had two macros (or maybe an API) we could click in our macro bar that would make our next roll roll with either advantage or disadvantage.  Does anyone know how to integrate this into the players macro bars? Thanks

Edited 1521265093
A simple API does that! So basically the player clicked a button, and it rolled twice and showed the one result that mattered, right? you could also just use a macro that rolls twice and you then take the relevant value. The simplest macro would be:  Rolling twice... results are: [[1d20]] ; [[1d20]] if you want to have a costumisable roll (requires inputting the formula once): Rolling twice... results are: [[?{formula to be used|}]] ; [[?{formula to be used|}]] and with a bit more polish (also requires you to select the token of the player that rolls): @{selected|token_name} rolls twice! Results are [[?{formula to be used|}]] ; [[?{formula to be used|}]] you can add this macro to the campaign's "collection", and set it to be visible to all players. Then click "show in macro bar", done! Comparing the value automatically and showing the relevant result would actually require an API. it would be a very simple one though :) Just tell me if you need some more help.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This also might have been a feature of the Shaped Sheet for 5e, which I believe has a way to do "advantage on next roll" and the like.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
True. Shaped has the ability to toggle Adv/Dis on a roll-by-roll or continuing basis.