Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e] [OGL] Sharpshooter + Sneak Attack + Assassinate + Battlemaster Maneuvers Macro help?

Edited 1521275714
Hey everyone! In an effort to be as annoying as possible, I've got a question regarding how to slot all of these abilites into a single attack macro.  I understand they will be multiple queries, and it's possible it will just be easier to create different attacks for different scenarios.  That said, I thought it would be worth investigating. Here is the current macro I use: @{Aemir Daeric|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+[[@{dexterity_mod} + @{pb} +@{archery_bonus}]]}} {{rname=Longbow}} {{r1=[[@{Aemir Daeric|d20}cs>20 + @{dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{pb}[PROF] + @{archery_bonus}[ARCHERY]]]}} @{Aemir Daeric|rtype}cs>20 + @{dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{pb}[PROF] + @{archery_bonus}[ARCHERY]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=80 ft. / 320 ft.}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{Aemir Daeric|rogue_level}) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} + @{dexterity_mod}[DEX]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d8 + ?{Sneak Attack}[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 @{Aemir Daeric|global_attack_mod} @{Aemir Daeric|global_damage_mod} @{Aemir Daeric|global_damage_mod_crit} {{globaldamagetype=@{Aemir Daeric|global_damage_type}}} ammo=Arrows|-L6IElQVM7RSYjbrtQKT @{Aemir Daeric|charname_output} I imagine we'll need to stick a bunch of queries into the DMG1 section.  We can use the DMG2 section as well, if I need to add poison damage or something I'll add that later, perhaps as a separate macro.  As I did some investigation on this, I am expecting to discover difficulties in making sure the crit range changes when we select "Yes" for assassinate, and adding the Superiority Dice into our crits will probably be annoying as well.  Or maybe it's as simple as calling the function again.   I am not a master of coding unfortunately. I appreciate your help in this!

Edited 1521293894
The simplest, albeit not necessarily the easiest, method would be to create yourself a drop-down query with each possible combination of attack modifiers. First write out a separate version of the macro for each combination of attacks. Make sure they all work separately, then take a look at the macros and identify which bits repeat every time. Start your final macro with every part of the various macros that are always there for every combo. &{template:atkdmg} {{rname=Longbow}} {{range=80 ft. / 320 ft.}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{, etc. etc. Then tag a drop-down query to the end of it where the macro starts to change: ?{Attack Method | Regular, Insert-the-r1-d1-etc-for-a-regular-plain-vanilla-attack | Just Sharpshooter, Insert-the-r1-d1-etc-for-a-sharpshooter-attack | Just Sneak Attack, Insert-the-r1-d1-etc-for-a-sneak-attack | Sharpshooter + Sneak Attack, etc. | Sharpshooter + Assasinate,  etc. | etc, etc } }} Please note that you will need to use HTML replacements for any }} that appear inside the query