Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Page Fx

I hear of some cool effects you can add to this but I really am confused on how to set it up correctly
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I think there are some instructions here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3254358/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3254358/slug%7D</a>
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script's README provides instructions on how to set things up.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/</a>... Here also is gif providing a demonstration of its use:
not quite working for trying to get like acid ppols or raining blood kinda
Here is a custom FX that you can play with to get what you want. Just enter the code into the Custom FX macro from the FX menu on the tabletop. Also load the PageFX script from the one-click API menu to be able to activate the effect in a large area and control it. This makes pretty good blood rain, but still round drops not streaks. I don't know a way to change from round to elongated. Rain { "angle": 0, "duration": -1, "emissionRate": 30, "endColour": [220, 35, 0, 0], "endColourRandom": [60, 60, 60, 0], "gravity": {"x":0.1, "y":50}, "lifeSpan": 10000, "lifeSpanRandom": 1000, "maxParticles": 1000000, "size": 3, "sizeRandom": 4, "speed": 30, "speedRandom": 10, "startColour": [220, 35, 0, 1], "startColourRandom": [62, 0, 0, 0.25] } If you use the PageFX script, you can connect the effect to a token. Name the token PageFX and enter "Rain" in the token's GM notes (without the quotes).&nbsp; Then you can set an area of effect by using the Aura1 field of the token. Set the bar1 value to 1000. If it causes too much lag, make this number bigger to slow down the spawn rate, and make the area of effect smaller.&nbsp; If the player ribbon is going to stay on the page, be prepared to turn it off after it has its desired psychological effect, otherwise it's a memory hog.
thanx for the help just confused on how to set this all up really.I am thinking script is not my strong point. Was just trying to add flavor to my games with like bubbling fire and fog and stuff
ok got the custom Fx to work but still cant get any PageFX token to work&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
do you have the player ribbon on the page where you're testing?
I do , so its kinda odd.I lay down a taken name it PageFx then add the effect in Gm notes and add the values in bar 1 then nothing.Does it have to be a certain type of token ??
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
if you select a token and type: /fx effect-name (with effect-name replaced with whatever you named your effect) do you get the effect showing up?
I do get it when token is selected and typing fx command
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Might not be it, but are you naming the token PageFx or PageFX ?
omg I am such a idiot, as soon I seen your write back I realized where i messed up. Where did you guys get so good at script.I really wanna learn just dont know where to start
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Well, in my case, a degree in Computer Science, two stents in the Game Programming Industry,&nbsp; one in Business writing high speed stock exchange libraries for algorithmic trading, and then a whole bunch of writing code for fun and profit. =D But I don't think you have to follow that path.&nbsp; Just reading and experimenting will get you quite far.&nbsp; Pick a concept, something pretty simple, write that and then add complexity.&nbsp; I have a post somewhere that has some projects to try out to learn the API, how much Javascript do you know already?
novice at best at java
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Some of the concepts at Java transfer to Javascript.&nbsp; Javascript is a bit more forgiving and shares much of the syntax, but doesn't have the heavy language structures that Java has.
ok will get some things to hone my skills a bit more.I use all this in my games just want to understand it a bit more.Trying to make my games as immersive as possible.We are trying to go live and I dont want it to suck&nbsp;