Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Mirrored screens in battlegrid

This is the first time I have ever tried to use this app, and all I know is that something went horribly wrong! I watched the intro video, and had a veteran user on the other side of a video call. The frame that displays the battlegrid was mirrored and tiled within itself, and trying to scroll caused the whole browser to seize (the frame would flash black and white bars in an epileptic's nightmare). I was able to open the console log, but the whole thing crashed before I could copy it for your viewing. Here is a quick screencap: I understand that this app is still in beta, but it seemed a rather drastic issue. I was accessing Google+ hangouts on the latest version of Mozilla Firefox v26.0, on an older Macbook running Mac OS X 10.6.8. Hope you guys have a fix!
It looks like you are running into video memory issues...what type of computer are you using? You might try using it outside of Hangouts and see if you still have the same issue.
1391219176

Edited 1391220728
I'm using on of the first generation Macbooks (2007), and I'd believe it having any kind of memory issue... You can use this app outside of Hangouts? Like I said, I'm new to Roll20. Just heard of it an hour ago! Does our GM have to make a campaign before I explore the virtual desktop independently? He signed off, so I might have to try a bit later if that's the case.
No you can create your own. Just go to <a href="http://app.roll20.net/home" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/home</a> and click on the blue "Create New Campaign" button. You can start from scratch or we have a free "module" that is a sort-of premade campaign "Crow's Rest Island."
1391219773

Edited 1391219807
As long as you are already a member of a campaign, you can jump into it at any time. If you go to the top of the site and click on "Virtual Tabletop" next to the pink d20, you'll be taken to a page listing your recent campaigns. Just find the campaign in the list and click on the "join campaign" link under the campaign title. This will let you join the campaign without having to wait for the GM to launch it. EDIT: Ninja'd by Riley. No shame in that!
Still wonky. As I scroll around I can get glimpses of the ship and water in the background, though... (Made a campaign with Crow's Rest)
Yeah, definitely a video memory issue... Two more things you can try: 1) After you join the game, change your URL to "<a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/?disablewebgl=true" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/?disablewebgl=true</a> 2) Try using Chrome instead of Firefox