Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

SyntaxError: Unexpected token |

Anyone else getting this error? I disabled all my API and am still getting it :( worked fine this morning
Yea, I'm getting it too.  Looking at older posts it looks like maybe it's a bug from a update roll-out?  Probably site-wide.
Seems to be fixed now!  Thanks guys!  You're amazing.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, I'm afraid it is not. Not for me...

Edited 1522169256
Not fixed for me either :( I also tried to restart the API but it doesnt go throughout as below: (it is stucked at satrting up) (API Output Console) SyntaxError: Unexpected token | Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up...
Doesn't seem to be fixed for me either
I'm also running in to these errors. It's only API that is broken, sheet workers are still functioning.
Hey all, I am getting this error after creating a map on a new page. I didn't notice any problems with it till this morning where now i get the error SyntaxError: Unexpected token | and shuts downs the sandbox. All the scripts I am using work exactly as is in another game. I copied this page to another test game and it did the same thing. I have disabled all scripts and the error goes away as there are no scripts running but enabling any script and the error returns for both games. I have even deleted the page and all tokens on it. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Same problem for me. Haven't even changed map since this morning or added anything.
Happens on multiple games I have.  The only one I didn't see it is the bare backup I have with no API scripts ;)
Must be an issue on the back end of the site..
Gnah, I got macros to build! Party just got to level 3. :P
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just came here to report this. I'm getting this error if I have any script at all enabled. If all scripts are disabled, it vanishes. But if any single script, no matter which one, is enabled, this error appears.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're aware of the issue and investigating.
Just wanted to add +1 to the group of people that is having the issue at the moment.
I am getting this too ... For reference, the error message generated was: SyntaxError: Unexpected token |
Working now!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We've rolled back some changes and the issue should be resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's fixed for me, after restarting the sandbox.
Not working for me. How much time to wait for this restart in image?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Alvaro T. said: Not working for me. How much time to wait for this restart in image? Your sandbox won't start up unless there's a player in the game. Is that the case and it's still not spinning up?
Works now after what you did.
Steve K. said: Alvaro T. said: Not working for me. How much time to wait for this restart in image? Your sandbox won't start up unless there's a player in the game. Is that the case and it's still not spinning up? Now its working. Thnak you very much!