Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [Pathfinder] Open-World Varisia!

Varisia is a Pathfinder RPG sandbox game set throughout Varisia with a focus on the Sandpoint region. I have been building my world for some time and I run a game currently that is approaching session 11. I am considering opening up a second game and will be looking at applicants to enter Varisia. This game is only open to serious players who can attend regular bi-weekly sessions. The application can just be your background with rp games and a brief character concept. A huge amount of work has gone into creating the fully immersive world of Varisia. You'll meet 100s of npcs fully statted for every scenario, open environments to explore, dozens of narratives and side adventures as well as the EPIC overarching plots of Rise of the Runelords, Shattered Star and Return of the Runelords!  Explore the wild, hunt, forage or do whatever you want but watch out for random encounters!! Actual to scale map of Sandpoint that is fully interactive and a cast of NPCs that are all fully statted and interactive. Same map up close but this is also part of the Swallowtail set up on the GM layer. All of the pictures below are from an older beta version but it gives you an idea of how the content is arranged. The current version is much more polished: There is that and a whole lot more.... but hey I can't cover everything... i'll answer any questions below. 
What days and time would the game be?
Yeah that looks great, but I think Trevor asked my question ;)
Every other Saturday at 8pm EST. I am open to switching that to Fridays depending on what works best for all players.
The time and days seem fine. I was hoping it would be a weekly game, but I would give a twice monthly game a go.
Good to hear! If you guys have some character concepts you want to toss around feel free. It will be a 25 point buy and we are aiming for a tentative starting day of 4/20 or 4/21- still hammering out those details. Any official paizo content is permitted.

Edited 1523148223
Hi! I am looking to find something to do on the weekends and this is the perfect fit!  I have been playing tabletops (mostly PF/3.5) since 2009 and I've always found immersive worlds to be the most interesting. Additionally Varisia is among my favorite locations in Goralion! I would very much like to delve into the world you have meticulously created and see what comes of it! As for a character concept, I have been feeling an itch to play a gun themed alchemist (no thanks to Paizo's People of The Wastes, which has introduced the Gun Chemist). Likely to be a young upstart seeking their place in the world and learning their craft. Sandpoint is indeed the city to do so for anyone looking to start a new life! As an entrepreneur of both alchemy and gun-craft, the possibilities for employment are profound. Though I also have a deep love for another concept that I have been itching to try. A dwarf fighter utilizing a pair of dwarven war shields (two shield fighting yo), young lass whom had fled her clans wishes to wed her off to a dwarf nearly a century older than her. Luckily her kin aren't too eager to leave their mountain holds in the lands of the linnorm kings and she has been unfettered for some time.

Edited 1523148468
Hello I'm new to Pathfinder I've played in one game of 3.5 and I heard they are similar and I would love to join and I'm not sure what I would want to play just yet but I'm thinking of an Arcane Fighter type. Please give me a chance I kinda have a backstory I've made for a 5e game 
We are still accepting applications for our opening game this Friday at 8pm EST (4/20/18)!!!!
Hey Colin, looks like I've missed your first game. I hope it went well! Are you still accepting applications, or are you now filled up?
Unfortunately yes, session one was last night and everything went great! We were at max capacity but may currently have one spot to fill and I am looking closely at applications. 
Damn find a game that fits my time slot and it is full good luck with this.  looks like you've put in an amazing amount of work.
tyler t. said: Damn find a game that fits my time slot and it is full good luck with this.  looks like you've put in an amazing amount of work. We are still looking over players to fill one remaining spot.
Is there somewhere you'd like us to submit character concepts, or are you just looking based on players right now? If just based on players, you should give me lower priority; I'm on GMT +1 so my time won't match up as well as somebody in the States.
We are still looking to fill one spot for the upcoming session on Friday 5/4/18. This applies to any new applicants or anyone who submuttied an app previously but didnt receive a response. 
The work you have shown looks amazing. I am starting a pathfinder game in the same country, are there any maps or general info you have created that you might be willing to share? I have already started to create a map of varisia based on the ones from the books and adventure paths so I can have a full map of all known city’s, towns etc. as well as roads and caravan routs.