Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to use Change Token Image and multi-sided token in a macro?

So have a character who has a mount and I want to be able to cycle through three tokens.  I've installed the Change Token Image script.  I've created a rollable table for the token.  I can click the "Token" button on the Rollable Table and get a token out onto the map. On that token I can choose "Multi-Sided" from the context menu to  choose a side and that works the way I expected. The token from the Rollable Table doesn't have a "Gear" menu (or Bar bubbles, or the condition menu) on it when I select it, so I can't assign the player's character to that token. If I give the character an Ability Macro like "!change-token-img --incr", it says "<playername> has only 1 side!".  If I select the token from the rollable menu and put "!change-token-img --incr" in the chat then the token increments as I would expect. With the multi-sided token selected, I did "use the selected token" for the character and that works, but I still don't have the "Gear" menu, bars, or condition menu.  Do you just not get those with multi-sided tokens?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
By default, a rollable table token is an Image. Right click on it and uncheck "is image". Set up your token normally after that and make sure it is the default token for the character.
Perfect!  That was the missing part!  Thanks!

Edited 1524293094
Mind explaining the macro you're using to make the token change image and how you got it to work? I'm running a game where my players all have sprite tokens with numerous states (facing various directions, battle pose, poisoned, etc.) and it would be handy to have a button to press to automatically put everyone into a Battle Pose so when I says combat is happening I can just push a button or put in a chat command and everyone turns to their fight mode sprites. There anything that can do this? Change multiple rollable table tokens to a specific state simultaneously? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yes. Use token-mod to set up commands to change to specific faces, put each command into an API command button , and put the list of commands into a chat menu .