Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Anyway to remove a non repeating attribute via sheetworker?

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What it says on the tin. Is there anyway for sheetworkers to remove a non repeating attribute?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
How would that be possible, considering the non-repeating attributes are "hard- coded" within the html?  I'm guessing it's not possible.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My guess is that it's not possible, even if the attribute is not used anywhere in the sheet anymore. If the character has the attribute, it stays. new characters would be good though.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not possible, unfortunately.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: How would that be possible, considering the non-repeating attributes are "hard- coded" within the html?  I'm guessing it's not possible. Yep, was looking at a case where I needed to change an attribute name, and wanted to get rid of the old one.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you mean something like this: The HTML creates an attribute named OldName You rewrite the html, and the new stat is called Old_Name Now the character sheet is full of legacy stats called OldName that aren't used any more and dont exist in the html In a situation like this, it seems like you should be able to delete the old attributes, but I don't see how. It seems like an oversight.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
G G said: Do you mean something like this: The HTML creates an attribute named OldName You rewrite the html, and the new stat is called Old_Name Now the character sheet is full of legacy stats called OldName that aren't used any more and dont exist in the html In a situation like this, it seems like you should be able to delete the old attributes, but I don't see how. It seems like an oversight. More generally, it would be a good idea to have a "reset to default" function that removes the attribute object from the sheet. You can kind of achieve something similar by setting an attribute to the empty string, but this doesn't help with attribute bloat :(.

Edited 1523543542
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Think I might drop a suggestion post for this and one other feature I think sheet workers need if my fellow sheet authors want to support the idea. The other feature is that there needs to be a way, short of API, to cause a campaign wide update of characters since changes to the sheet workers can have drastic repercussions on how a roll works. Edit: also, yes, this is exactly what I meant: G G said: Do you mean something like this: The HTML creates an attribute named OldName You rewrite the html, and the new stat is called Old_Name Now the character sheet is full of legacy stats called OldName that aren't used any more and dont exist in the html In a situation like this, it seems like you should be able to delete the old attributes, but I don't see how. It seems like an oversight.