Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Default Settings whisper rolls to GM not applying

Edited 1523605114
Hello, I've gotten accustomed to showing NPC rolls to my players and now new campaigns are set to always whisper NPC rolls to GM. In default settings for my game the Whisper Rolls to GM is set to "Never Whisper rolls to GM", yet the tokens are set to whisper. I changed this setting globally from defaults to "Whisper toggle" and was able to apply it to all the tokens through the Apply Default Settings button inside the launched game. Now I went back to change it to "Never Whisper Rolls" but I cannot apply it inside the game because it is not showing as an option to apply (and I did relaunch the game :) ). Not a huge problem since the toggle option worked but a bug non the less. Oh and this is with Storm King's Thunder module. Now I went to test this with Tomb of Annihilation module. The default sheet settings are set to Not auto roll damage. I saved the changes since that's the default setting and the Apply Default Settings button was not showing in my game. Relaunched the game and now the button is there but it has no options on it so I can't apply it to all the tokens. So it would seem that you can't put back in the default settings for the sheets. Description of setup Browser + Version (Google Chrome, 65.0.3325.181) Browser Addons/Extensions (none)  Operating System (Windows 10)

Edited 1523646680
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log, covering everything you described accessing and trying to do, above!) Thank you!

Edited 1523682190
Did the three steps and it did not help for this problem. I don't think a log will help for this one as I suspect it is not just me. For what it seems it looks like you can't apply the default settings from Game settings to the campaign. And by default I mean the default default at least for Whisper Rolls to GM, also Auto Damage Roll cannot be applied if you just save the default settings as they are since the tokens are set to Auto roll damage where as the Default setting is Don't Auto Roll Damage If I create a new game from lets say Storm King's Thunder module. All the tokens are set to whisper rolls to GM. Yet at the Default Sheet Settings it has Whisper rolls to GM: Never Whisper Rolls set as the option. This works for creating new sheets inside the already created game. However if I want to force this setting to all the tokens already existing in the module by default, it does not let me as the options (check boxes) do not populate to the Apply Default Settings option. Can anyone here get the default Default Sheet Settings to apply for all pre existing tokens? Default settings: -- Unable to apply the Whisper rolls to GM part from the sheet: -- Settings that all the tokens currently have:
Hi Zaret, Sorry for the delayed response here! I am noticing a similar issue on my end in regards to the "Never Whisper" option. I have submitted a ticket to bring up to the devs as soon as I can! :)