Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ability Rolls sometimes display Formulas instead of Results

Edited 1523754176
So sometimes, for some unknown reason, a previously functioning ability macro that I've written will start displaying the formula instead of the results when I add a new (but functional) line.  For example: This ability Macro: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{saveflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags= Makes a full attack with his @{weapon2name}.}} {{Note: This weapon has special properties which include:}} {{ @{weapon1specialproperties} }} {{Range: =@{weapon2range}.ft. }} {{Critical Multiplier: = x@{weapon2critmult} }} {{.}} {{Attack 1:=[[1d20cs>@{weapon2critmin}+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Damage 1:=[[@{weapon2damage}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2specialize}+[[@{weapon2damagestat}]]]]}} {{Confirmation Roll 1:=[[1d20+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Con Damage1:=[[1d6]]}} {{..}} {{Attack 2:=[[1d20cs>@{weapon2critmin}+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Damage 2:=[[@{weapon2damage}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2specialize}+[[@{weapon2damagestat}]]]]}} {{Confirmation Roll 2:=[[1d20+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Con Damage2:=[[1d6]]}} {{...}} {{Con Poison Fort DC: = [[10+floor(@{level}/2)+@{con-mod}]]}} results in this: but if I copy and paste the last line to up towards the top like this: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{saveflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags= Makes a full attack with his @{weapon2name}.}} {{Note: This weapon has special properties which include:}} {{ @{weapon1specialproperties} }} {{Range: =@{weapon2range}.ft. }} {{Critical Multiplier: = x@{weapon2critmult} }} {{Con Poison Fort DC: = [[10+floor(@{level}/2)+@{con-mod}]]}} {{.}} {{Attack 1:=[[1d20cs>@{weapon2critmin}+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Damage 1:=[[@{weapon2damage}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2specialize}+[[@{weapon2damagestat}]]]]}} {{Confirmation Roll 1:=[[1d20+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Con Damage1:=[[1d6]]}} {{..}} {{Attack 2:=[[1d20cs>@{weapon2critmin}+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Damage 2:=[[@{weapon2damage}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2specialize}+[[@{weapon2damagestat}]]]]}} {{Confirmation Roll 2:=[[1d20+@{bab}+@{weapon2enh}+@{weapon2focus}+@{weapon2stat}]]}} {{Con Damage2:=[[1d6]]}} {{...}} I end up with this as a result instead: Notice the Damage 2 roll now shows the formula instead of the result.  The only difference is where the {{Con Poison Fort DC: = [[10+floor(@{level}/2)+@{con-mod}]]}} line is placed.  This has happened to me before in other Ability macros, but this one was recent and I wanted to post to see if anyone knows why this is happening, or to bring it to the attention of the appropriate people, because this is obviously not functioning correctly.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure if this is causing your issue, but sometimes multiple inline rolls within a roll template can cause problems.  Try adding space/padding before and after your inline rolls(double square brackets).  ie "[[ [[ 1d20 ]] + [[ 1d6 ]] ]]"