Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GroupInitiative API question

Greetings, just upgraded to pro and thought I'd give a script a go. Added the GroupInitiative api, ran in game and its returned the roll with extremely high bonuses (16, 17 etc) giving quite high init scores. Now i'm sure the players wont mind but it seems a bit odd. Do I need to customise at all? Using OGL for 5e. Thx
Further to last. Found a thread with similar problem. I ran the code suggested and this seems to have solved the problem. code ran was !group-init --del-group 1 and then !group-init --add-group --Stat-DnD dexterity
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, group-init cannot be run "out of the box". It requires configuration.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Seems like I'm always having to relearn this script when I create a new game.  ;-P  Wouldn't it be cool if Group-Init came with some preset configurations for the most popular sheets?  ie 5e OGL, 5e Shaped, PF Official, PF Community, etc.
Gold
Forum Champion
Vince said: Seems like I'm always having to relearn this script when I create a new game.  ;-P  Wouldn't it be cool if Group-Init came with some preset configurations for the most popular sheets?  ie 5e OGL, 5e Shaped, PF Official, PF Community, etc. I use the script for AD&D 2E and I have to re-learn the configuration methods every time too. Just went through it again about a week ago. Providing the config code for the Top 10 games in the --help text would be great, when u have time (The Aaron).

Edited 1523831654
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Seeing as sheets are maintained and updated by a myriad of volunteers and staff, I don't think The Aaron could (or should) monitor those changes. However, it would be really nice for those who have worked out the commands for whatever sheet they use to edit the  WIki Page for Group-Init and record those commands there. It might not be too much trouble for the script to provide a link to the wiki. I have just added a section and included the commands for  D&D 5e Shaped .
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: I have just added a section and included the commands for  D&D 5e Shaped . I just added the 5e OGL commands.
Loren the GM said: keithcurtis said: I have just added a section and included the commands for  D&D 5e Shaped . I just added the 5e OGL commands. Awesome ty Loren
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool.  Sorry folks, was on vacation until about 30minutes ago. =D I adjusted the OGL formula slightly.  This is a good idea, to add the commands there.  This script has kind of grown far beyond it's meager beginnings. Vince, are you subtly hinting that I should finish that sheet and version detector script and integrating it into GroupInitiative... =D
Gold
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Seeing as sheets are maintained and updated by a myriad of volunteers and staff, I don't think The Aaron could (or should) monitor those changes. Good point. I meant in terms of The Aaron wrote the GroupInitiative script, not all of the Community Sheets. This question does come up periodically and there are probably some users who just didn't get over the hump of configuration to see how useful, elegant, and nice in time-savings this script really is, after config. The Aaron said: Cool.  Sorry folks, was on vacation until about 30minutes ago. =D That is great news! So you were able to take some time all to yourself just for recreational scriptomancing? :P Kidding and hope you've had a great vacation.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Aaron said: Vince, are you subtly hinting that I should finish that sheet and version detector script and integrating it into GroupInitiative... =D THAT sounds like a much better idea than what I was fishing for.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: Seeing as sheets are maintained and updated by a myriad of volunteers and staff, I don't think The Aaron could (or should) monitor those changes. However, it would be really nice for those who have worked out the commands for whatever sheet they use to edit the  WIki Page for Group-Init and record those commands there. It might not be too much trouble for the script to provide a link to the wiki. I have just added a section and included the commands for  D&D 5e Shaped . Added PF Community sheet commands.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Cool.  Sorry folks, was on vacation until about 30minutes ago. =D I adjusted the OGL formula slightly.  This is a good idea, to add the commands there.  This script has kind of grown far beyond it's meager beginnings. Vince, are you subtly hinting that I should finish that sheet and version detector script and integrating it into GroupInitiative... =D Given that there's a GroupInit question every week or so, maybe you should :D.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
LIkely. =D